Glock 1

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Glock 1

Post by Rider888 » 27 Jun 2018, 11:11 am

Folks,

I have always had a thing with wanting a Glock (functional, reliable, reasonably priced)

After much advise from various people in the know, I think I will still get my first glock soon. Thats not to say I wont look at any other Pistol but its just one of those things for me...Want One - Get It.

My question is this: Any comments/thoughts on whether I should be changing the standard Glock sights without breaking the bank?

I have shot with standard sights and it all seemed to go well, but the term "going well" is quiet subjective considering I am still very new to this. Will I gain any advantage by changing sights - as a beginner? or am I better off saving that $200?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
Rider888
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Re: Glock 1

Post by Wylie27 » 27 Jun 2018, 11:59 am

Save your cash for ammo.

Get your shooting to the limit of the gun then play with it.

A new pistol will change over time too, so shoot 100’s of rounds before you make changes particularly the trigger will change as parts wear in.
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Rider888 » 27 Jun 2018, 12:09 pm

Wylie27 wrote:Save your cash for ammo.

Get your shooting to the limit of the gun then play with it.

A new pistol will change over time too, so shoot 100’s of rounds before you make changes particularly the trigger will change as parts wear in.

Thank you :)
Rider888
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bullzeye » 28 Jun 2018, 2:48 pm

Stock standard glock can shoot very accurately in the right hands. I’d leave it stock.

As said above, save you $$$ for ammo and range time.

You will probably only shooting up to 25 or 50 meters anyway?
bullzeye
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers