First pistol PTA NSW

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

First pistol PTA NSW

Post by coma75 » 11 Jul 2018, 7:18 pm

Hello all. So my first six month period ended on 4th July & I sent off my first PTA Monday 2nd (registered mail) so it should of arrived Thurs/Friday. It didn't actually arrive till after 7 days (WTF AusPost!).
My question is does the 28 day cooling off start when they received the PTA (Mon 9th) or when they "process" the PTA? Such as, is it a case of it'll sit in a pile on a desk until someone picks it up & they get around to "processing" it and then it starts? There has been no sign or indication on the registry website staus page that they even have the PTA. If it wasn't for the tracking I'd think it'd of been lost in transit.
They haven't taken payment (as of) yet either so do I have to wait for that to even happen before time starts?

Thanks Chris.
coma75
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: First pistol PTA NSW

Post by Rider888 » 14 Jul 2018, 6:14 am

You "cooling off' period starts when they the date appears on your online profile. I imagine it would be after they have entered it into the system which should happen within 2 or 3 days of it arriving. I sent mine off and within 5 days, it was on the system and my 30 days had begun.
I did end up waiting 7 weeks for mine as they had a backlog.
Hope this helps
Rider888
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers