Wild Bunch in Victoria

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Wild Bunch in Victoria

Post by wolfthomas » 04 Sep 2018, 1:59 pm

Hi I am a pistol shooter in Victoria. I do cowboy action shooting.

Is there anywhere/anyone that does "Wild Bunch"?, the variant that is set in 1914.

If so, how does it work with caliber >.38 for the 1911s in .45ACP (what category is it shot under?).
wolfthomas
Private
Private
 
Posts: 24
Victoria

Re: Wild Bunch in Victoria

Post by Urastus » 03 Oct 2018, 1:13 pm

Just browsing and saw your question. I'm just guessing, but I imagine if it is done here, in Victoria, that we'd just use the same rules etc as the original (source): https://sassnet.com/wildbunch/wbRules.php

and general stuff: https://sassnet.com/wildbunch/
Urastus
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 132
Tasmania

Re: Wild Bunch in Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 03 Oct 2018, 3:14 pm

wolfthomas wrote:Hi I am a pistol shooter in Victoria. I do cowboy action shooting.

Is there anywhere/anyone that does "Wild Bunch"?, the variant that is set in 1914.

If so, how does it work with caliber >.38 for the 1911s in .45ACP (what category is it shot under?).


Cowboy Action already allows larger than .38-cal so I don't see it being a problem.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
User avatar
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
 
Posts: 5061
Victoria

Re: Wild Bunch in Victoria

Post by wolfthomas » 07 Oct 2018, 7:51 pm

bladeracer wrote:
wolfthomas wrote:Hi I am a pistol shooter in Victoria. I do cowboy action shooting.

Is there anywhere/anyone that does "Wild Bunch"?, the variant that is set in 1914.

If so, how does it work with caliber >.38 for the 1911s in .45ACP (what category is it shot under?).


Cowboy Action already allows larger than .38-cal so I don't see it being a problem.


Thanks for the response. What I mean is in more practical terms what I would put the PTA in under. Technically Cowboy Action is "Single Action" on the list of comps approved.

I actually asked someone at my club today and they get suggested they guys did it under the broader "Metallic Silhouette".
wolfthomas
Private
Private
 
Posts: 24
Victoria

Re: Wild Bunch in Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 08 Oct 2018, 9:27 am

wolfthomas wrote:
bladeracer wrote:
wolfthomas wrote:Hi I am a pistol shooter in Victoria. I do cowboy action shooting.

Is there anywhere/anyone that does "Wild Bunch"?, the variant that is set in 1914.

If so, how does it work with caliber >.38 for the 1911s in .45ACP (what category is it shot under?).


Cowboy Action already allows larger than .38-cal so I don't see it being a problem.


Thanks for the response. What I mean is in more practical terms what I would put the PTA in under. Technically Cowboy Action is "Single Action" on the list of comps approved.

I actually asked someone at my club today and they get suggested they guys did it under the broader "Metallic Silhouette".


I guess the club would sort that when they sponsor your PtA for the firearm?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
User avatar
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
 
Posts: 5061
Victoria


Back to top
 
Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers