Handgun+Rifle safe, any suggestions?

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Handgun+Rifle safe, any suggestions?

Post by Michael994 » 07 Nov 2018, 8:53 am

So I have acouple of rifles and am not getting my handgun licence. I'm trying to find a safe that I can store both handguns and rifles in. But im having trouble finding anything other that the ones you can store the handguns in the ammo compartment inside the safe. As most of them seem to be 3mm steel construction instead of 6mm. Does anyone know any decent safes that you can have rifles and handguns in? Cheers.
Michael994
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Handgun+Rifle safe, any suggestions?

Post by No1Mk3 » 07 Nov 2018, 2:32 pm

Don't need 6mm according to the Act, does your club require 6mm? Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Michael994 » 07 Nov 2018, 10:03 pm

It's a club rule i think mate, as i checked act and you're right about there not being anything in there.
Michael994
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by yoshie » 08 Nov 2018, 7:09 pm

I got mine from Fox Safes in Ulladulla. Its a 3mm 10 gun on the bottom for rifles and 6mm (2 layers of 3m) on top for pistols. I upgraded when i moved to ACT as a brownbuilt cupboard which was ok in QLD wasn't good enough in ACT.
yoshie
Sergeant
Sergeant

Australian Capital Territory

Post by Chinballs » 09 Nov 2018, 5:01 pm

yoshie wrote:I got mine from Fox Safes in Ulladulla. Its a 3mm 10 gun on the bottom for rifles and 6mm (2 layers of 3m) on top for pistols. I upgraded when i moved to ACT as a brownbuilt cupboard which was ok in QLD wasn't good enough in ACT.

Back when I was in NSW I had a 6(?) gun pistol safe made by Fox Safe. Good safe at a good price but that was ten years ago so I can't really give a current review. At the time I went with the electronic keypad as they didn't offer an old fashioned dial combo (key or electronic were the choices). Never had any trouble with it in the years I owned it. It stayed with the house when I moved.
Chinballs
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by zhuk » 19 Nov 2018, 5:41 pm

Leisure Coast Sheet Metal are an awesome family company, both my pistol safes were made by them, to the exact standards required. They also do rifle safes which are A//B/C/H compliant.

http://www.leisurecoastsheetmetal.com.a ... 0Safes.htm
zhuk
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Michael994 » 30 Mar 2019, 9:32 pm

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Turns out ifs a club recommendation. Took awhile but the dfo for my area replied to my email and said the safe I have is fine. So I’ll stick with that for awhile. :D
Michael994
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers