Latest Addition - 50AE

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Latest Addition - 50AE

Post by brett1868 » 13 Jan 2019, 10:26 pm

Always wanted one of these and finally picked this up yesterday afternoon. Magnum Research Desert Eagle in 50AE and stainless as well so my wife likes it cause its "Shiny". Purchased a S&W 500 Magnum 8 3/8" revolver as well but wont have it for a couple weeks due to the importer being closed. Neither the 50AE or 500 will be for shooting as they have been acquired on my collectors license. Purely safe queens and hopefully they increase in value over the next 15-20 years, if not then meh at least I own them.

Pic is of pistol prior to being prepared for storage and rendered temporarily inoperable.

IMG_4892.jpg
IMG_4892.jpg (216.73 KiB) Viewed 3695 times
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Re: Latest Addition - 50AE

Post by TassieTiger » 14 Jan 2019, 12:53 am

Now that is a cool piece of art I can appreciate!
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by wanneroo » 14 Jan 2019, 6:36 am

I've shot a 50 AE Desert Eagle a few times. It's a unique feel due to it's rotating bolt, large size and recoil and noise. For me it's one of those things where you are getting to the point you may as well have a rifle, such as an AR in 50 Beowulf.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Supaduke » 14 Jan 2019, 8:54 am

Me likee.
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Stix » 14 Jan 2019, 9:05 am

Im not into pistols...but that looks a sexy beast...!!
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by sungazer » 14 Jan 2019, 2:59 pm

Very nice. Not sure I understand the collectors license part and you being happy to just own them and not shoot them. Anyway each to their own something to just marvel at the engineering and build quality, combined with potential fire power.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by cracker » 14 Jan 2019, 3:03 pm

sungazer wrote:Very nice. Not sure I understand the collectors license part and you being happy to just own them and not shoot them. Anyway each to their own something to just marvel at the engineering and build quality, combined with potential fire power.

most clubs have days where you can use your toys. ours has one a month.
cracker
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Stix » 14 Jan 2019, 4:29 pm

sungazer wrote:Very nice. Not sure I understand the collectors license part and you being happy to just own them and not shoot them. Anyway each to their own something to just marvel at the engineering and build quality, combined with potential fire power.

That thing is so sexy, i rekon bretts "collector & investment" yarn is just to cover up the truth that once a fortnight he will pull it out & play dress-ups with it-...its dam sexy...!!
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by brett1868 » 14 Jan 2019, 5:15 pm

Stix wrote:

That thing is so sexy, i rekon bretts "collector & investment" yarn is just to cover up the truth that once a fortnight he will pull it out & play dress-ups with it-...its dam sexy...!!

More like daily dress ups.... :)
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Crazy » 14 Jan 2019, 5:22 pm

cracker wrote:

most clubs have days where you can use your toys. ours has one a month.

What collectors club are you apart of because i have been looking for a club that hosts a shoot once a month.
Crazy
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by brett1868 » 14 Jan 2019, 5:25 pm

Sometimes I buy stuff "just cause", no reason or logic involved :). The DE50 and soon to arrive 500 S&W are in the "just cause" basket, I've got access to a 50AE & 500 when I compete in Mildura and I've put plenty rounds through both so I'm not fussed about not shooting these. There's no great engineering or build quality on the DE but the shear size and firepower are appealing. Rest assured that when the Zombie Apocalypse is upon us, I'll be fully prepared :)
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by axio » 14 Jan 2019, 6:22 pm

Wow so shiny. Always been a fan of the deagle, can't wait to own one someday

Brett i see you're in NSW, how does it work with the permit side of things? My local club only allows up to .38 I believe.
axio
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Wylie27 » 14 Jan 2019, 6:36 pm

brett1868 wrote:
Stix wrote:

He is dressed up now, polishing his errr pistol.
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 14 Jan 2019, 10:14 pm

Wylie27 wrote:
brett1868 wrote:
Stix wrote:

He is dressed up now, polishing his errr pistol.

Next time your over my place I'll let you fondle it and if you're gentle I'll show you the pistol ;)
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers