Pistol Safe

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Pistol Safe

Post by Macross » 18 Jan 2019, 1:47 pm

I had my eye on a nice pistol safe at one of the bigger gun shops in Brisbane. It had a internal locker for ammo and three shelves all lined with carpet. A meter tall and would fit nicely under the end of my workbench. It would have been perfect and was very reasonable at $360ish. As luck would have it, the last one was sold before I could grab one, and looks like they may be discontinued by manufacturer. :thumbsdown:

Trying to find an alternative, but the only ones I can find are either little rinky dink single pistol safes for $80, or much more expensive wall mount type jobs for $1000+

Both my wife and I are getting into pistol shooting and are planning on starting out with a pistol each, expanding later on to getting a few more once we can. I didn't want to have to get a rifle safe as I don't plan on getting any rifles or shotties. Dedicated pistol safes for 4 or 5 pistols seems to be hard to come by.

Anyone know of a good pistol safe that might fit the bill?
Macross
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: Pistol Safe

Post by Member-Deleted » 18 Jan 2019, 2:28 pm

Macross.
Bunnings have one for $199 that is W:350 H:520 L:360.
https://www.bunnings.com.au/lockwood-la ... e_p4210903
Member-Deleted

Post by bladeracer » 18 Jan 2019, 5:59 pm

Macross wrote:I had my eye on a nice pistol safe at one of the bigger gun shops in Brisbane. It had a internal locker for ammo and three shelves all lined with carpet. A meter tall and would fit nicely under the end of my workbench. It would have been perfect and was very reasonable at $360ish. As luck would have it, the last one was sold before I could grab one, and looks like they may be discontinued by manufacturer. :thumbsdown:

Trying to find an alternative, but the only ones I can find are either little rinky dink single pistol safes for $80, or much more expensive wall mount type jobs for $1000+

Both my wife and I are getting into pistol shooting and are planning on starting out with a pistol each, expanding later on to getting a few more once we can. I didn't want to have to get a rifle safe as I don't plan on getting any rifles or shotties. Dedicated pistol safes for 4 or 5 pistols seems to be hard to come by.

Anyone know of a good pistol safe that might fit the bill?

Mine is a Recherche I bought in 1990. Very simple but strong 3mm steel. Bolts into a wall corner. No idea if they're still in business.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Pistol Safe

Post by Macross » 18 Jan 2019, 6:59 pm

Member-Deleted wrote:Macross.
Bunnings have one for $199 that is W:350 H:520 L:360.
https://www.bunnings.com.au/lockwood-la ... e_p4210903

Thanks mate!!!! I had been searching gun safe. Dropping the specific gun from the search query and now finding lots more options.... should of figured.

Do these kind of safes qualify under QLD rules... I know other states have some pretty specific requirements.

Im even thinking this might be a good option if it meets the legal requirements.... https://www.bunnings.com.au/sandleford- ... e_p4211176

Would need to get another smaller secure storage for ammo, which the original one I was looking at had built in.. but can work with that.
Macross
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Chinballs » 19 Jan 2019, 6:07 am

Macross wrote:
Do these kind of safes qualify under QLD rules

QLD has pretty basic requirements. As long as it's made of metal and has a lock you are good to go. Just has to be bolted down.
Chinballs
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers