new reason/new category

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

new reason/new category

Post by redtape » 01 Feb 2019, 11:24 pm

If i already hold an A/B license in NSW, how long does it take to receive a ppl when I add a new genuine reason/new category for sport/target shooting to apply for pistol cat H license? Do you have an additional 6-8 week wait like when you first get a firearms license? If so where in the legislation does it say additional categories/reasons need that waiting period. I would have though the background check done on the initial licensing was already sufficient.
redtape
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: new reason/new category

Post by brett1868 » 02 Feb 2019, 9:58 pm

Have you completed the pistol course and sent all the paperwork in? If this is the case then it can take 6-8 weeks cause the FAR are apparently snowed under in applications.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Blr243 » 03 Feb 2019, 6:41 am

I think it’s about time pharmaceutical companies started producing anxiety medication specifically for Australian residents who are waiting for their pta ‘s. I know there are times I could have used them
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by axio » 04 Feb 2019, 8:46 pm

Suggest you call them and politely ask what is happening.

Last time I had an application to add reason it was sitting there for 2 months!
Short of it is they initially blamed me for not sending something in, turns out they found it while I was on the phone and then told me it would get sorted in a few days.. next day checked online and it's approved.
axio
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by redtape » 05 Feb 2019, 6:17 pm

What is the best way to lodge a complaint about the service delivered at firearms registry. If the slow serviceis drought related (as i have been told) then they should staff them with more people. Much better drought relief funding would be spent to upgrade firearms registry than to pay all these emotional support groups to ask farmers 'are you ok?' What a wank.

Double standards in this country drive me insane. Firearms are dangerous, yes. You need a license/permit, fine. Why not have a background check, a license and a permit to acquire a ticket to these music festivals that seem to be a breeding ground for illegal narcotics that have killed and injured more people this summer than legal firearms. Furthermore these festivals directly underpin drug dealers that are the greatest purveyor of illegal gun violence in this country. Greenies hate guns, but love music festivals and all the associated illegal gun use by the drug dealers that profit from these very festivals. Terrific.
redtape
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by pomemax » 06 Feb 2019, 10:01 pm

https://www.ombo.nsw.gov.au/complaints/ ... bout-to-us
you may try here but don,t forget they Might just hold on to your application till the result of you complaint is final.
You did not answer if you were a member of a pistol club and had completed you cat h safety course and submitted all the paper work , at your training course they should have told you roughly how long it would take .
What if I want to add a firearm category or genuine reason when I renew my firearms licence?
To add a genuine reason and/or category to your existing licence you will need to complete the online application ‘Apply for a firearm licence’ at Service NSW: http://www.service.nsw.gov.au.
Select from ‘New genuine reason’, ‘New category’ or ‘New category and genuine reason’
Upload any supporting documentation (if requested).

Once you have completed your request to add a genuine reason/category, you will need to complete the online reapplication – refer to ‘How do I renew my firearms licence?' above.

Please note, a mandatory 28 day waiting period will apply when adding a new firearm category to your firearms licence.
did they not tell you your PPL is a separate licence to you A/B for 12 months they will not combine them
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers