Sig P49 - P210

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Sig P49 - P210

Post by Macross » 21 Feb 2019, 7:48 am

On my way to getting Cat H license and spending lots of time researching pistols for my wife and I to purchase once we are able to. I seem to fall in love with a new pistol every week and this week its the Sig P210. Pretty expensive but by all accounts a nice bit of gear.

I discovered the military P49 in my internet rabbit holes and wondered if anyone has had their hands on either this older model, or the remake P210 and can vouch for them. Are they as nice as most people seem to suggest.

I like the similarities with the CZ design, and have been shooting club shadow 2's quite a bit.
Macross
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: Sig P49 - P210

Post by No1Mk3 » 21 Feb 2019, 8:38 am

I have used an early P210 and they are a very nice pistol, very well made and accurate in good condition. They really are the "Rolls Royce" of autoloaders with regard to fit and finish, but you pay a lot for the name. A CZ52 would equal them in out of the box accuracy for that era of service pistol at a much lower cost. i have no knowledge of the new American made variant. Cheers.
PS: Spare mags are $200 each, if you can find them.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 21 Feb 2019, 9:06 am

I looked at a new one yesterday. They look pretty good but they have been re engineered for modern production. At least so far have not heard any complaints about them. I saw some article comparing the old and new side by side and there are differences. My take looking at one is they are suitable for some things and in other areas modern technology and design has passed them by.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Florey55 » 16 Jun 2019, 9:45 am

Macross, I have quite a few P210s ( 7 actually ). All Swiss made originals, not the replicas made by Sig-Sauer in Germany, and now in the USA.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have questions. Nothing will out-shoot a P210, no other gun is made as well as a P210, and all the internal parts ( springs etc ) are lifetime rated.

In my P210 mini-collection, I have an unfired P210-4, which was made for the West German Border Guards in 1950. Taking it apart, it looks as though it was made by Rolex - the machining is that good.

I have quite a few handguns, and the P210 is the only type I do not keep spares parts for.

As a bonus, original Swiss P210-s hold their value really well, generally appreciating in value, and you will always be able to sell one. Reselling a CZ is a bit harder as you will take a bath on the price and have to contend with a hundred other competing CZs on the second-hand market ( look at usedguns)
Florey55
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by G-Swiss » 16 Apr 2021, 1:06 pm

Hey Florey55,

I'd love to get my hands on a Swiss made P210. My late father would have been issued with one as an officer in the Swiss Army in the 60's and I'm keen to continue the legacy. I have managed to get my hands on a K31 which is a joy to own and shoot. If you have any interest in moving one on or can point me in the right direction for an Aus purchase that would be a great help. Ideally looking for a P210-2 or P210-5 or 6 suitable for range use, as good a condition as possible.

Hoping for a PM
Cheers G
G-Swiss
Recruit
Recruit

Other

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers