Purchasing a grip on 1st 6 months of NSW robationary licence

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Purchasing a grip on 1st 6 months of NSW robationary licence

Post by Hammar » 08 Apr 2019, 7:55 pm

I just got my probationary licence, so still have 5 1/2 months till I can apply for my first permits to acquire. However, a family friend has offered me their Unique DES 69 pistol when the time comes. The only hurdle is that it is a left-handed pistol and I am right handed. Am I able to purchase parts such as grips while I'm still in the first 6 months of my licence? So that once I can acquire the firearm I can swap the grip over straight away instead of having to wait further to get the grip. As far as I'm able to tell so far is that only I'm only restricted from possessing firearms and ammunition until 6 months have passed. Can anyone clarify?
Remember, even when those who move you be kings, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice.
Hammar
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Purchasing a grip on 1st 6 months of NSW robationary lic

Post by zhuk » 09 Apr 2019, 3:14 am

A grip is not a firearm 'part'...it's a piece of rubber/wood etc and I've never been asked to show my licence (was a while ago but I don't see how that would have changed)

I have also bought grips from the US as well there is no restriction on importation re customs.
zhuk
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers