Heckler and Koch Expert vs Elite in 9mm

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Heckler and Koch Expert vs Elite in 9mm

Post by bah » 11 May 2019, 7:47 pm

Hi there,

I am wondering whether there is anyone out there who own either in 9mm. I’m under the impression this is the best cal due to the restrictions currently on .45ACP. I’m applying for my car H license and looking for something suitable for both service pistol and IPSC. I’m decided on the HK brand, so please don’t recommend cheaper alternatives. Acquiring spare parts when needed isn’t an issue for me. Thank you for your input!

Cheers :drinks:
bah
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Heckler and Koch Expert vs Elite in 9mm

Post by Chinballs » 12 May 2019, 3:45 pm

Well the Elite is hideously ugly so I wouldn't buy it :lol:

Have you fired either variant or a standard USP? I find them extremely blocky to hold and they are an all round huge gun.We had a mall ninja at our club who was a self declared expert on handguns from watching endless Youtube videos. He declared H&K to be the best handgun available and as soon as he got his license dropped $2500 grand on a brand new one. Only problem was it fit his hand like s**t and he hated it. Moral of the story, shoot anything you can get a hold of before committing to buy.

If you want to shoot IPSC you can't shoot either in Production and the Elite won't fit in the box for Standard division either. That leaves you the choice of shooting the Expert in Standard or Open and the Elite in Open. Either way you are not doing yourself any favours as the 1911/2011 guns will be at an advantage due to their better triggers, even more so if your gun is a Double Action Only (DAO) variant.

I'm all for people buying whatever floats their boat but there are much better options for an IPSC pistol. For that kind of budget I would grab an STI Edge instead.
Chinballs
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers