Recommended factory and reloads for Desert Eagle 44?

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Recommended factory and reloads for Desert Eagle 44?

Post by Bremen » 23 Aug 2019, 12:43 am

Hi
What factory loads available in Australia are suitable for the 44 DE?

Additionally, I've been told reloading is much more economical as the DE likes clean powders and projectiles. Any recommendations for a load? I might check if the club will do then for me.
Bremen
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Re: Recommended factory and reloads for Desert Eagle 44?

Post by Chinballs » 23 Aug 2019, 2:06 pm

The shooting gallery I was involved with had no end of trouble with their .44 Deagle and factory loads. Most are not powerful enough to cycle it reliably. Higland was the best which was just rebadged PPU so if you can get PPU I would go with that. Federal Power-Shok stuff was good as well.

Personally, I would reload. Not only is it cheaper, you can work up something perfect for your gun. The shooting gallery didn't reload for liability reasons.
Chinballs
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Bello » 03 Sep 2019, 11:37 am

Bremen said
What factory loads available in Australia are suitable for the 44 DE?

Additionally, I've been told reloading is much more economical as the DE likes clean powders and projectiles. Any recommendations for a load? I might check if the club will do then for me.

Hello mate
I have 357 DE and tried a few different types of shop purchased ammo, they all proved unreliable, they didn't cycle the action all the time.

I started to reload for it, the loads are at the hotter end, they work like a charm. I was advised not to use lead projectiles as this will foul the gun and hinder or stop it from cycling, and to fix the problem it was expensive.

Happy plinking
Bello
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Kelsey Cooter » 28 Oct 2019, 5:38 am

Chinballs wrote:The shooting gallery I was involved with had no end of trouble with their .44 Deagle and factory loads. Most are not powerful enough to cycle it reliably. Higland was the best which was just rebadged PPU so if you can get PPU I would go with that. Federal Power-Shok stuff was good as well.

Personally, I would reload. Not only is it cheaper, you can work up something perfect for your gun. The shooting gallery didn't reload for liability reasons.

Was that The Range in Toowoomba you were working in?
Kelsey Cooter
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Chinballs » 29 Oct 2019, 2:30 pm

Kelsey Cooter wrote:Was that The Range in Toowoomba you were working in?

Nope. Same type of operation though.
Chinballs
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by yoshie » 30 Oct 2019, 6:01 pm

A couple of guys at our range shoot them, they reload. You need to shoot jacked bullets otherwise the gas port cloggs up, and they need a fairly stout charge to cycle also. At our range can't shoot jacketed bullets so they dont shoot them much anymore.
yoshie
Sergeant
Sergeant

Australian Capital Territory

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers