New FAS 6007

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

New FAS 6007

Post by Hammar » 02 Sep 2019, 4:16 pm

Has anyone had a chance to handle/shoot the new FAS 6007 (made by Chiappa)? I'm visiting a dealer on Wednesday to have a look at it and some other pistols but there has been very little news or reviews about it since its release a few months ago. I've only found one other review on another forum where they said it handled and fired very well. They didn't have a chance to compare it to their FAS 607 at the time but felt it performed better than the 607. This was back in June though and no other reviews or opinions since. The lack of negative feedback about it is hopefully a good sign at least?

Remember, even when those who move you be kings, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice.
Hammar
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: New FAS 6007

Post by Florey55 » 24 Nov 2019, 12:23 pm

I have a 6007. And a 607 and a 602.

What would you like to know about the 6007?
Florey55
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: New FAS 6007

Post by Hammar » 01 Dec 2019, 4:44 pm

I've purchased the 6007 now as well through Potter Firearms. I live nearby their Holbrook store so got talk to Bruce Quick there who uses the 6007 as well as his main competition pistol. I really like the balance and handling of it. Unfortunately though I seem to have bad luck with the magazines supplied and have been getting a lot of misfeeds (like 1 in 10 shots). Bruce had a look and we ran the magazines through both his gun and mine with a bunch of different ammo brands and the same thing was happening. Thankfully he already had an order of magazines on the way from Chiappa so we're going to swap them out and see if that fixes the issue.

Have you had any trouble like that? Another member at my club who has the 607 said that it is sometimes a common thing with the FAS pistols.
Remember, even when those who move you be kings, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice.
Hammar
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers