pistols?

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

pistols?

Post by beenie » 22 Oct 2019, 7:00 am

HI GUYS (first post) I will be getting my first pistol soon and have been scanning all shops and web sights looking at whats available. What I have noticed is there are lots of Ruger stainless steel pistols for sale but no Buckmarks in stainless, can anyone tell me why this is, also are stainless steel pistols as good as other alloys. I'am not looking for olympic standard just a pistol that I can get a reasonable score with and is fun to shoot. My budget can go to a new pistol but I'am happy to buy used. Will appriciate your views as I am a novice
beenie
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: pistols?

Post by No1Mk3 » 22 Oct 2019, 4:18 pm

G'day beenie,
Welcome aboard. Stainless Buckmarks can be found with a bit more looking but the Ruger is way more common, in all it's various Marks. Stainless is no different to blued in terms of wear/longevity and is easier to maintain which can be a benefit to the novice. The Rugers are a very good reliable and accurate pistol especially if you buy the bull barrel and can be greatly improved by after market kits such as the Volquartson when you are ready to take the next step up in accuracy. I would happily reccomend the Ruger, but do try and handle a couple regarding the "Luger" grip angle of the standard pistol vs the more "up and down" of the Ruger 22/45, Cheers
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by beenie » 23 Oct 2019, 5:38 am

Thank you NoMk3
beenie
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Burntbear » 23 Oct 2019, 3:11 pm

Hi Beenie - Can recommend the Ruger Mk 4 Hunter - even bought one for the wife - that's if your after a 22lr
Burntbear
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers