H licence wait time in QLD?

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

H licence wait time in QLD?

Post by id29ohmj@gmail.com » 13 Jan 2020, 11:31 am

Hi Guys,

I applied for my H licence about 4 weeks ago, can anyone tell me how long it takes to get your H licence in Queensland?

I also applied for a PTA, wound be nice if they came together but I don't suppose that's going to happen.

Any info would be great.

Thanks.
id29ohmj@gmail.com
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: H licence wait time in QLD?

Post by Macross » 14 Jan 2020, 7:25 am

Wife and I did ours late last year and took about 15 or so weeks all up. 12 weeks for the approval email and then a few more for the plastic in the mail. It will definitely test your patience.
Macross
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by JSS » 14 Jan 2020, 3:23 pm

it will be put in the "make em wait" pile for 28 days before it even makes it into the queue to get processed. Last year the worst wait times got up to over 15 weeks just for the approval then add the making of your actual licence in Melbourne & postage to you, but if things are running smoothly the std seems to be 12 weeks give or take.
If you sit and watch the mailbox every day after 4 weeks you will most likely go insane before it arrives.
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Oz95 » 15 Jan 2020, 6:18 pm

Hey Fella's,

My Cat H application was submitted 22/7/19 and I am still yet waiting. After numerous polite phone calls, it is now apparently on the priority list and has been referred to a different sector in the WLB. Still waiting near 6 months now and still no notifications of approval. Apparently it's because of issue's WLB are having with their online application system.

I hope your not in the same boat as me. Best of luck!
Oz95
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by id29ohmj@gmail.com » 16 Jan 2020, 6:33 am

You would think that WLB could preform a bit better than this. I know of a lady that has been waiting 8 months for a PTA. Seems to me that the police at WLB do not approve of anyone else having access to hand guns. When I rang to make an inquire I was told that applications are on two separated list ones lodged with the police and the other lodged online
id29ohmj@gmail.com
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by rc42 » 17 Jan 2020, 2:21 am

The trainer on our safety course (last June in QLD) said that he knows people high up in WLB and they don't want any paper applications so they just park them for up to a year. They want the message to get out to people that they should use online only but can't actually say it directly or openly admit that they treat the application methods differently.
rc42
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Farmerpete » 17 Jan 2020, 5:47 pm

Has anyone ever tried reporting weapons licensing for misconduct
If they are deliberately delaying an application without cause wouldn't it amount to misconduct
I'm not advocating nuisance complaints but if you've been deliberately delayed due to someone's personal views on guns or paper applications wouldn't the police crimes and misconduct commission be worth a call
There's numerous complaints on this forum but how many people lodge an actual complaint?
Farmerpete
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Oz95 » 18 Jan 2020, 2:07 pm

Hi FarmerPete,

I have made a complaint before and it doesn't get you very far. By making a complaint, your pretty much just complaining to the tools that caused the complaint to begin with. Their all in it together. The whole system is just a shamble. The people are always over run by this idiots in Government. But the majority of us are the idiots that vote for them. People have been told for years but nothing changes. Aslong as theres a 2 party preferred system. Nothing is going to change.
Oz95
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers