Agreed, you definitely won't be doing this with one. :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtDy7lX6iJw
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Beretta 92fs

Post by wanneroo » 15 Feb 2020, 10:38 am

There are plenty of people having success in USPSA and IDPA pistol competition with modified Beretta 92s and we are seeing more and more interest in target or custom 92s here in the USA. The Wilson Combat Beretta 92 seems pretty popular in it's niche and sells well.

I think what you have to remember is that this is a service pistol, like a Glock or CZ 75, so usually if you aim to use it in competition it will probably benefit from modifications. In any case myself shooting stock 92s, I think they are more accurate than a Glock.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by wanneroo » 15 Feb 2020, 10:43 am

Jt-2019 wrote:Yeah wow they are about $1100-$1200 in Aus...

The Beretta 92 FS runs about $600 US$. The $300 Berettas are surplus 30-40 year old 92S models from the police in Italy. They trade in their old Berettas to Beretta for new ones and get a trade in discount on the new ones. Beretta then flips the old ones to the USA for a profit. Most people don't realize that companies like Glock and Beretta don't really make much or any money on selling discounted new guns to law enforcement, they make the money on the trade ins. It's convenient for the law enforcement agency, they get a discount on the new guns and don't have to worry about selling the old ones.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Jt-2019 » 15 Feb 2020, 4:03 pm

Wylie27 wrote:I am not knocking 92fs as i have owned 2 of them but a target / competition Is not their design or their primary function

Police and military have much different selection criteria that say you or i. Accuracy is secondary to durability, reliability and functionality.

GIve me a choice from CZ or Beretta for comp shooting i would take the cz...

If i had the cash i would buy a 92fs so lol

Yeah I agree CZ is great
Jt-2019
Private
Private

-

Post by Angel » 28 Feb 2020, 2:00 pm

As an owner of one of these fine pieces, I love it. Fired thousands of rounds through it and it comes back.for more.
Angel
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by brett1868 » 28 Feb 2020, 9:02 pm

What club you in? What comps do you intend to shoot? Do you reload? The Beretta may not be ideal depending on the answer about comps. If you happen to be in Sydney then I have a selection of Beretta's you're welcome to try, I've got an 87 Target, 92FS, M9A3, Wilson Combat and an APX. I don't mind Beretta's as a whole but I've no passion for them when there's so much better value for money. When the 92X is out in numbers then I might find passion :)
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Wylie27 » 29 Feb 2020, 4:01 pm

When u get a 92x i will be shooting it ;)
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Dabi » 19 Jun 2020, 8:10 pm

looking into the 92x performance, anyone bought one yet?
large capacity fully auto military style assault flintlock
Dabi
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Rider888 » 16 Jul 2020, 9:07 am

I own a 92fs and a Glock and I find the 92 has less recoil as it is a heavier unit than the Glock. With that I find the 92FS a better unit to shoot with but I do love my Glock too.
Rider888
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers