West Aus SSAA clubs near city/mandurah. PracPiatol/3gun.?

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

West Aus SSAA clubs near city/mandurah. PracPiatol/3gun.?

Post by CrackThump » 26 Feb 2020, 5:27 pm

Later on this year Im travelling to WA to see my (22yo) kid, Id LOVE to take her under a visitors exemption and introduce her to pistol shooting WITHOUT the metal tethering (thank you Lone Ranges) and let her properly enjog it this time. ... As well as Id like to take on some competition from the Wild Wild West (pun intended) ..

Can any of the WA SSAA handgunners suggest a club that would welcome Tassie visitor +1 visitor.?
CrackThump
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Re: West Aus SSAA clubs near city/mandurah. PracPiatol/3gun.

Post by duncan61 » 26 Feb 2020, 7:59 pm

PORT BOUVARD PISTOL &Welcome to The Port Bouvard Pistol and Small Bore Rifle Club
Less than an hours drive south of Perth and one of Australia's fastest growing regional destinations, the coastal town of Mandurah has become a vibrant tourist attraction with a multitude of activities and entertainment throughout the year.

Situated 10 minutes south of Mandurah’s city centre and just over the Dawesville Cut Bridge is the Port Bouvard Pistol & Small Bore Rifle Club.

Formed in 1986 by several enthusiastic shooters, the Club has grown to over 330 active members and counting. The Club is affiliated with both the West Australian Pistol Association (WAPA) and the Sporting Shooters Association of Australia (SSAA).

The Club facilities include an air pistol range, five 25m pistol ranges, two 50-metre pistol/rifle ranges and a dedicated 50-metre benchrest range. Our clubhouse and canteen form the social hub of the club and is maintained by helpful volunteers year round.

Club Competition Shoots are held each Wednesday and Saturday between 8.00am and 3.00pm, and on Sundays between 9.30am and Noon.

Visitors to the club are welcomed and encouraged to contact the Club Secretary prior to attending to ensure someone is at the Club to provide a tour and information.

We look forward to seeing you down at the club.
SMALL BORE RIFLE CLUB Inc.Country Club Drive, Dawesville, WA 6211
I went to midland and they have an underground range where for a few bucks you can have a shot
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by CrackThump » 27 Feb 2020, 4:49 pm

Thanks Duncan :) worth checking out :)
CrackThump
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by spEKTre » 27 Apr 2020, 4:49 pm

You can't just rock up to Port Bouvard uninvited to shoot, you have to either know a member who can chaperone you around or join and go through the training. I know this because I have been a member there for 12+ years.
spEKTre
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by weasleish » 30 Apr 2020, 12:12 pm

I second what spEKTre has said, for Port Bouvard you need to be accompanied by a member and there is a fee for using the range if you are not a paying member (although it's usually ignored). Best bet would be get in touch with someone from the club that would be happy to take you into a range. I know they have reduced the numbers to only allow 2 people per range, though with the current increase to 10 people gatherings i'm hoping they will open it up to 5 or so members at least in each range.
weasleish
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers