WT-15 - Firearms Owners United vs QCAT March 2020

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

WT-15 - Firearms Owners United vs QCAT March 2020

Post by bah » 02 Mar 2020, 9:50 pm

Hi there,

I am curious as to whether anyone has heard any news regarding the WT-15 debacle currently in QCAT. Last Heard- Queensland Weapons Licensing has been incessantly appealing the decisions made by QCAT keeping in line with the expectations of the Weapons Act 1990 in respect to the definition of a category H firearm.

I am also told that Queensland Weapons Licensing has been given special permission to hire a barrister in order to support their case, which is unprecedented in QCAT, and provides an unfair disadvantage to lobbyists fighting against an oppressive government apparatus.

Any updates would be freshly appreciated.

Cheers,

BAH
bah
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: WT-15 - Firearms Owners United vs QCAT March 2020

Post by flutch » 03 Mar 2020, 9:39 am

Sounds f***ed, no surprise there tho, government exists to be corrupted
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by StraightWhiteMale » 03 Mar 2020, 2:00 pm

These WT-15 look mint. But 6grand? I don't know if I would spend that. I could buy a colt, sig and a smith for that price and get some change for ammo.

Either way according to QLD law they are a cat H handgun because of their length and are no different than any other 10 round semi auto handgun. Weapons licencing is not state legislature they have no leg to stand on here.
StraightWhiteMale
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Farmerpete » 05 Mar 2020, 6:40 pm

Weapons licensing may have no legal legs but if you tell a lie often enough and loud enough people start to believe it
they'r hoping the lobby runs out of money and stops fighting it
Remember court cases are won by the richest person not the person who is morraly or legally correct
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 06 Mar 2020, 7:32 am

Farmerpete wrote:Weapons licensing may have no legal legs but if you tell a lie often enough and loud enough people start to believe it
Remember court cases are won by the richest person not the person who is morraly or legally correct

How we true
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Wapiti » 09 Mar 2020, 4:17 pm

Farmerpete wrote:Weapons licensing may have no legal legs but if you tell a lie often enough and loud enough people start to believe it

Exactly, there is a big line of farmers who've had their cat H guns refused, even after a few licence renewals and evidence that they have used them to keep making money and keep their stock, and themselves, breathing still.

The police don't care about you, they do not want to have anyone actually skilled at using firearms out there, when they are not for the most part. Good luck, a barrister being paid by the taxpayer funded state Labor Govt will never run out of money.
Wapiti
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Download » 23 Mar 2020, 4:52 pm

StraightWhiteMale wrote:These WT-15 look mint. But 6grand? I don't know if I would spend that. I could buy a colt, sig and a smith for that price and get some change for ammo.

Either way according to QLD law they are a cat H handgun because of their length and are no different than any other 10 round semi auto handgun. Weapons licencing is not state legislature they have no leg to stand on here.

It used to be pretty common to spend about that on an IPSC race gun. I think the price has come down a lot now many moved from 1911/2011 type guns to CZs, but considering the old prices $6k isn't that odd. A lot of guys at my club would drop that in a heartbeat if we could use them for IPSC rifle. I would too if I had 6 grand.
Download
Private
Private

South Australia

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers