9mm Magazine Recommendations

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

9mm Magazine Recommendations

Post by Rider888 » 20 Mar 2020, 1:23 pm

Looking for additional magazines and am hoping for some comments to the following:

1. Would prefer Genuine Glock magazines but they retail at about $65. Anyone know where I can get much better pricing?
2. Also needing, and would prefer, OEM Beretta 92FS magazines but the cheapest I have found is about the $95 mark.
3. Have found some Glock non genuine magazines made by someone called Magpul for $24.95 each. Any feedback from people who have used this mag before? Is there a reason why they are so much cheaper?

Thanks
Rider888
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Re: 9mm Magazine Recommendations

Post by CAVEMAN » 20 Mar 2020, 1:28 pm

No experience with there pistol magazines, but Magpul is very well respected in the aftermarket weapon parts game. And are especially known for the magazines. I use there AICS mags in my scout rifle and they work better than either of the stock OEM mags i have for it.
"Well if it ain't an 8 inch, i'm not paying"

Some guy on the internet circa 2020
CAVEMAN
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Rider888 » 20 Mar 2020, 1:29 pm

CAVEMAN wrote:No experience with there pistol magazines, but Magpul is very well respected in the aftermarket weapon parts game. And are especially known for the magazines. I use there AICS mags in my scout rifle and they work better than either of the stock OEM mags i have for it.

Thanks for the info
Rider888
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Chinballs » 20 Mar 2020, 5:40 pm

OEM Glock mags are expensive because Nioa are the local importer/distributor.

Magpul mags are fine. Fellow club members have used them for ages with no issues.In the US you can get Magpul mags for ~$US12 whereas Glock OEMs are ~$US25 normally. If you're buying from Brownell's Australia just note they will take at least three weeks and probably longer to arrive depending on how much stuff they are getting shipped out here at once.

You can buy from Brownells US site and if you keep it under $US100 (this is supposed to change this year following ITAR amendments) you don't need an export permit on the US end. All you need is a B709 on this end which is free from Firearms Registry. You can get 7x10rnders for under $US100 but once you add postage its probably about the same cost as ordering through the AU website. I'd expect the AU sites prices to rise fairly soon as well now that the AUD s so weak.
https://www.brownells.com/magazines/han ... r_1=magpul

As for your Beretta mags, MecGar make mags for them and they should be cheaper than Beretta OEM mags. MecGar have been in the magazine business for decades and have made OEM mags for other Beretta pistols in the past. They also make almost all of Sigs OEM mags. I would never hesitate to use a ecGar mag, they make great products. If you ring Gold Coast Shooters Supplies they normally have them for $70 and can mail them to you. Their website is terrible as it is a small shop run by an older guy ut they have heaps of different mags.
Chinballs
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Rider888 » 20 Mar 2020, 6:02 pm

Chinballs wrote:OEM Glock mags are expensive because Nioa are the local importer/distributor.

Magpul mags are fine. Fellow club members have used them for ages with no issues.In the US you can get Magpul mags for ~$US12 whereas Glock OEMs are ~$US25 normally. If you're buying from Brownell's Australia just note they will take at least three weeks and probably longer to arrive depending on how much stuff they are getting shipped out here at once.

You can buy from Brownells US site and if you keep it under $US100 (this is supposed to change this year following ITAR amendments) you don't need an export permit on the US end. All you need is a B709 on this end which is free from Firearms Registry. You can get 7x10rnders for under $US100 but once you add postage its probably about the same cost as ordering through the AU website. I'd expect the AU sites prices to rise fairly soon as well now that the AUD s so weak.
https://www.brownells.com/magazines/han ... r_1=magpul

As for your Beretta mags, MecGar make mags for them and they should be cheaper than Beretta OEM mags. MecGar have been in the magazine business for decades and have made OEM mags for other Beretta pistols in the past. They also make almost all of Sigs OEM mags. I would never hesitate to use a ecGar mag, they make great products. If you ring Gold Coast Shooters Supplies they normally have them for $70 and can mail them to you. Their website is terrible as it is a small shop run by an older guy ut they have heaps of different mags.

Thanks for that info. Happy to try the Magpul mags.
Last edited by Rider888 on 21 Mar 2020, 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rider888
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by sungazer » 20 Mar 2020, 6:42 pm

The AICS magazines are well made, just be careful that they are made by AICS and not just made by another company to AICS dimensions.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Chinballs » 20 Mar 2020, 6:47 pm

Lets not get carried away. Also remember shooting looters will still get you arrested and put in jail. If you or your family are in imminent danger then you might get off but if its just people stealing your stuff I wouldn't recommend you just start letting rounds fly lol.

If you want extra mags knock yourself out but even in a looting scenario I very much doubt you would need to fire off sixty rounds without any chance to top your mags up before the looters bugger off.
Chinballs
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Rider888 » 20 Mar 2020, 6:56 pm

Chinballs wrote:Lets not get carried away. Also remember shooting looters will still get you arrested and put in jail. If you or your family are in imminent danger then you might get off but if its just people stealing your stuff I wouldn't recommend you just start letting rounds fly lol.

If you want extra mags knock yourself out but even in a looting scenario I very much doubt you would need to fire off sixty rounds without any chance to top your mags up before the looters bugger off.

:lol:
Rider888
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by CrackThump » 20 Mar 2020, 7:46 pm

fk me some people are muppets
CrackThump
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by CAVEMAN » 20 Mar 2020, 9:52 pm

How did this go from a general question about products, to shooting looters? The thought train is choo choo choofing at a fair cracking pace for some people.
"Well if it ain't an 8 inch, i'm not paying"

Some guy on the internet circa 2020
CAVEMAN
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Macross » 25 Mar 2020, 11:46 am

Its a better option to assist the looters loading the boot of their car with your stuff than to try and defend your property. In fact, if your on one end of the fridge and the looter is on the other and he pulls a muscle, better hope your insurance is up to date.
Macross
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by RedSky7 » 29 Mar 2020, 4:20 am

I use magpul mags for my glock, they're just fine. Never had an issue.
Glock 17
Beretta 92fs
Lee Enfield No4 Mk1 (savage)
Mauser K98k
Adler B220
RedSky7
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers