Sale Advice

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Sale Advice

Post by Rider888 » 21 Mar 2020, 7:06 pm

If I need to sell my Pistols, how would i achieve the following:

1. Quick turn around;
2. Max $$ value

Selling is one option if I move overseas but I am also happy to see that I can store my firearms at any residential property in NSW even though the owner doesn't have a firearms licence so this could also be a worthwhile consideration.

Thanks
Rider888
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Re: Sale Advice

Post by rc42 » 21 Mar 2020, 10:36 pm

The two things that you want are opposites, it's unlikely you'll get both.
A local dealer will get the fastest sale and no ongoing difficulty for you but lowest price.
Private adverts will get your best price but can be slow, your club or another licensed shooter may be able to help store them and help with the sale.
Locking them in a safe at an unlicensed person's home is easy to do but they will not be able to access them so there's a lot of difficulty there in arranging somebody that can.

What are the models that you are selling? Some are easier to move than others.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Rider888 » 22 Mar 2020, 4:53 am

rc42 wrote:The two things that you want are opposites, it's unlikely you'll get both.
A local dealer will get the fastest sale and no ongoing difficulty for you but lowest price.
Private adverts will get your best price but can be slow, your club or another licensed shooter may be able to help store them and help with the sale.
Locking them in a safe at an unlicensed person's home is easy to do but they will not be able to access them so there's a lot of difficulty there in arranging somebody that can.

What are the models that you are selling? Some are easier to move than others.

G17 Gen 5 and 92FS Inox
Rider888
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Bugman » 25 Mar 2020, 5:50 pm

I had some handguns to sell and put a notice on the notice board of three clubs and was lucky enough to sell all of them, over time, however. PTA's take a while in NSW
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Farmerpete » 25 Mar 2020, 8:20 pm

Could you get your lgs to sell them on consignment?
It may take a while to move but at least you'll get to set the price.
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by SPRINT-GTO » 13 Apr 2020, 11:37 am

Put them up on Used Guns, if you dont get a sale in a couple of weeks you know you have overpriced them.
SPRINT-GTO
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers