How are we supposed to qualify when clubs are closed

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Re: How are we supposed to qualify when clubs are closed

Post by Devilcv8 » 30 Mar 2020, 6:00 pm

Sus_scrofa wrote:How many pistol shooters on here are lazy? and not pro active. I admit I'm lazy in general but I've done all my shoots and so have all my mates. We do them as soon as we can so they are done then we don't have to worry about it for the rest of the year. Then we just go "practice" for the rest of the year.

I’m sitting in the first 6 months of my PPL and knocked out the required 3 matches and have all my paperwork signed by the club ready to put my PTA in on 10th June. Hopefully firearms keep processing and I’ll be able to get my first handgun and be ready when the range reopens.
Devilcv8
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by pignmud » 01 Apr 2020, 12:08 am

1Fatman wrote:Well here is WA's answer to the question.....

I think there sentence saying clubs can afford members the opportunity to do catch up shoots keeps us all in clear in WA

Have heard a few clubs still hassling them for further clarification but I would err on side of leaving it.

They’ve already given waiver by saying that.
pignmud
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by pignmud » 01 Apr 2020, 6:46 pm

I think maybe also for those who are members of clubs which rely on match fees to stay open we should be open to contributing these fees in advance for ‘catch up shoots’ later.

The ranges are doing it tough also.

If it means keeping the sport afloat until end of Covid I’m willing to.
pignmud
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by goat » 01 Apr 2020, 7:08 pm

I'd be willing to pay in advance to keep my club open no problem. I have never been a member of a club that was strucuted primarily to make money, they are run by enthusiasts for all over our benefit

I didn't complete my required shoots this year...missed by one, first time ever. Busy year then lost a couple months due to an injury sustained requiring surgery that prevented me from shooting, (have all docs to verify of course) followed by ranges closing before end of reporting year.

Has anyone ever had to report less than the required attendances? I assume i will receive a please explain request at some stage.
goat
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Boo » 04 Apr 2020, 8:57 am

In Q anyway ammo sales have been stopped by the police so that's another potential problem for some. I 'panic bought' extra before sales were stopped and now have no where to use it LOL.

Oh well, price rises are on the way so not so bad after all.
Boo
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by plinksterman » 04 Apr 2020, 10:19 am

Yes, SSAA Qld.

Okay guys I made this thread after driving to the gun club on the Monday afternoon to see that they closed midday Monday, when the gov made the decision to close all clubs. They were open the day before. Since then the police QLD website said because of corona, the shoots have been reduced, if you have at least 4 shoots you are OK, no need to talk. If you have less than 4 then you have to call them and talk to them and tell them so they can say its okay.

I have 5 shoots so I'm okay. But if you were not going to the range for 8 months and planned to do all your shoots right at the end and now you can't, you can just call the cops and give a sob story and they might say its okay, but on the website it says it will be case by case or something. That's all I know. Also the head office is still open so things like emailing QP518's is still happening, but I don't know if the rep is only on certain days or if its every day. I was still building my skills, I do the competition no 12 (rapid fire 10 @ 10m, 10 @ 15m) get total comp scores like 110. So hope the clubs aren't shut down for too long need to keep practicing.
Veritas Aequitas
plinksterman
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers