metal glocks - forgot the brand name

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

metal glocks - forgot the brand name

Post by plinksterman » 04 Apr 2020, 10:33 am

Okay, there is this small-ish USA gun brand, that basically make glock clones. Some are plastic frame, some are metal frame. They also have a marginally longer barrel length with the same frame length, due to changing the feed ramp or the striker or something.

They make 380acp, 9mm, and 40sw. They have a wood gripped metal framed gun that I thought was called the t90 for 90mm and t40 for the 40sw, and the plastic frame ones are like the p90 and p40 and p380 and there is k90 too.

I think the brand name is like "koan" or something. But for the life of me I can't find them on google, "metal glock clone", "glock clone brands", "t90 pistol", "k90 pistol" just can't find em. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Veritas Aequitas
plinksterman
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: metal glocks - forgot the brand name

Post by snag » 04 Apr 2020, 3:33 pm

Would it be Kel-Tec? I'm sure they do 9mm semi autos.
The pen may be mightier than the sword, but personally I prefer the .30/30 Winchester.
snag
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by wanneroo » 05 Apr 2020, 12:52 am

Looks like there are quite a few making metal Glock lowers. Just do a search for "metal glock lower" on Google. Companies like Alpha Foxtrot, ZEV, 5D Tactical and so on should pop up.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by plinksterman » 07 Apr 2020, 8:42 pm

Found some interesting things, a news report about glock lightning links https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7Qy8FSXuwE

Found it on GlockTalk was called kahr.
KT9098N-RT__17450.1529616355.jpg
KT9098N-RT__17450.1529616355.jpg (22.15 KiB) Viewed 2121 times

Turns out that some recon the metal frame for the glock is actually bad for the durability because the plastic is meant to flex slightly to absorb the inertia, and the metal will end up fatiguing and cracking if you shoot it enough because it cant flex.
Veritas Aequitas
plinksterman
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Ziege » 07 Apr 2020, 9:48 pm

Just order one from JJFU and be happy
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia