NSW PTA Club Confirmation

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

NSW PTA Club Confirmation

Post by Hammar » 25 May 2020, 4:49 pm

After many months waiting, I have finally moved on to a full Cat H licence and it's time to put in some PTAs. Regarding the Club Confirmation forms (https://www.police.nsw.gov.au/__data/as ... mation.pdf)
where it refers to the handgun type (H5, H6, H7 etc.), does anyone know whether selecting H8 rimfire, H9 Centrefire or H0 Air/Black Powder is only required when you are still on the Probationary licence? Do I only need to select 'H5 Handgun' from now on since I'm full licence? (regardless of calibre [except high calibres obviously])

Just a bit confused.
Cheers.
Remember, even when those who move you be kings, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice.
Hammar
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: NSW PTA Club Confirmation

Post by Devilcv8 » 25 May 2020, 8:50 pm

I would suggest that you still need to select the type of handgun for the simple reason the club has to sign off that the club shoots that type.

I’ve had my paperwork ready to go since the weekend before COVID shut the ranges but can’t put my first pta in until I hit 6 months on my PPL. Only 15 days to go.
Devilcv8
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by BadShot » 26 May 2020, 12:48 pm

Once on Full 'H' just select H5, in Probationary you can't have centrefire and rimfire in last 6 months, once full H they don't care its upto you to do the shoot per kind though.

Devilcv8 how did you manage to get the paperwork so early? we couldn't 'graduate' until we had 6 months on PPL
BadShot
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Devilcv8 » 26 May 2020, 7:48 pm

I knocked my 3 shoots over pretty quick and got my paperwork signed off with no issues. I was hoping to submit the paperwork early but the online portal doesn’t allow it.
Devilcv8
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by targetshooter900 » 26 May 2020, 10:01 pm

Devilcv8 wrote:I knocked my 3 shoots over pretty quick and got my paperwork signed off with no issues. I was hoping to submit the paperwork early but the online portal doesn’t allow it.

Yeah pretty sure it wont let you until the 6months from issue date has passed.
targetshooter900
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Bugman » 27 May 2020, 4:03 pm

Full Cat H licence......confirming select H5 on your PTA's from now on.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by pomemax » 28 May 2020, 1:41 pm

I can not remember rightly but.
Think it went from date of your PPL issued 12 months then you can apply for Cat H then 28 days for a new Cat: to be added plus post but you can still keep shooting on your PPl until you get your letter for new licence at services Nsw
But in the mean time you can get the club official to sign off on PTA I submitted them to early and they sent them back pending new licence. being issued yer then just H5 if you already have say a rimfire and centerfire club has to know to add your total of yearly shoots.
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Hammar » 28 May 2020, 6:52 pm

Bugman wrote:Full Cat H licence......confirming select H5 on your PTA's from now on.

BadShot wrote:Once on Full 'H' just select H5, in Probationary you can't have centrefire and rimfire in last 6 months, once full H they don't care its upto you to do the shoot per kind though.

Cheers fellas.
Remember, even when those who move you be kings, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice.
Hammar
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers