NSW PTA timeframe.

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

NSW PTA timeframe.

Post by Hammar » 22 Jun 2020, 6:05 pm

Has anyone recently had a Cat H PTA (full licence, not probationary licence) approved in NSW in the last month and how long did it take? My permits are now at 16 business days and counting and a FAR agent last week said Cat H permits are taking around 2ish weeks to be approved.
Last edited by Hammar on 22 Jun 2020, 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remember, even when those who move you be kings, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice.
Hammar
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: NSW PTA timeframe.

Post by Wylie27 » 22 Jun 2020, 6:21 pm

It seems to be all over the place. Its like some people are getting the 28 day wait applied to them and others arent
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Mikey91 » 22 Jun 2020, 6:52 pm

Recently did 3, 1 cat a, 2 cat b and had a 25 day wait.

Then again had a mate get approved within a fortnight
Tikka t3x lite 223
Ruger m77 mk1 308
Browning x bolt 30-06
Adler 12g
Mikey91
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Tubs » 22 Jun 2020, 9:09 pm

Hammar wrote:Has anyone recently had a PTA (full licence, not probationary licence) approved in NSW in the last month and how long did it take? My permits are now at 16 business days and counting and a FAR agent last week said they're taking around 2ish weeks to be approved.

Applied 4/6, issued 18/6, should receive tomorrow I would say.
Tubs
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Hammar » 22 Jun 2020, 9:38 pm

Tubs wrote:
Hammar wrote:Has anyone recently had a PTA (full licence, not probationary licence) approved in NSW in the last month and how long did it take? My permits are now at 16 business days and counting and a FAR agent last week said they're taking around 2ish weeks to be approved.

Applied 4/6, issued 18/6, should receive tomorrow I would say.

Was this a Cat H or Cat A/B?
Remember, even when those who move you be kings, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice.
Hammar
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Tubs » 23 Jun 2020, 12:24 am

cat H, H5
Tubs
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Hammar » 23 Jun 2020, 1:18 pm

Tubs wrote:cat H, H5

I am so sick and tired of NSW FAR. This has happened at every stage for me when applying for my licences and permits where people who submit applications after me still get theirs approved before me and the FAR reasoning is "not sure, sometimes it happens." f***ing useless. Wish I could give that excuse to my customers and clients without getting grilled by management.
Hammar
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Bugman » 24 Jun 2020, 6:31 pm

No definitive answer I am afraid. All over the place as stated before. Just hang in there.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Florey55 » 19 Jul 2020, 11:44 am

My last one, about 2.weeks ago, took 3 days. Mind you, I just had a safe storage inspection done, and the police gave me a glowing report.
Florey55
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers