Beretta APX

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Beretta APX

Post by Rider888 » 16 Jul 2020, 9:11 am

Does anyone know if Aus will be importing the APX without the screwy bit at the end of the Barrel?

Would like to buy an APX but not keen on that screw piece as I know I will probably lose it and also I find that it's not as pleasing to the eye
Rider888
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Re: Beretta APX

Post by Chinballs » 16 Jul 2020, 12:53 pm

Beretta don't make an extended slide version so there isn't much you can do as without the extended, threaded barrel the pistol isn't legal for target shooters.

Its just a thread protector anyway, you can unscrew it and leave it off if you're worried about losing it. It doesn't actually do anything besides protect the threads and its not like you have to worry about your suppressor not fitting if your threads get damaged.

There is a couple of things you can do to keep the thread prtector from coming lose at the range.

1. Put a rubber O ring around the barrel then tighten the thread protector. H&K use this method on their pistols (with the added cost of a H&K brand O ring lol)
2. Use some plumbers tape on the threads.
Chinballs
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Bugman » 16 Jul 2020, 1:14 pm

Yes. It is not a "target" pistol, more for maybe IPSC. The way things could go in NSW, handguns like this may be put under the "not allowed" section by FAR. It is primarily designed for law enforcement etc. I think Beretta Aus has them listed as products they import, in 9mm. Myself, I don't see a problem with them, as I stated, for IPSC.
They are similar to the Glock but a little bit heavier.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by No1Mk3 » 16 Jul 2020, 3:15 pm

G'day Rider888,
The thread protector will not come off during use, you will only lose it after taking it off to clean and misplacing it. The APX has very good accuracy for a Service pistol, certainly I score better than with the 92FS and equal to the Hi-Power in Combined Services matches. As Chinballs posted the barrel is required for our length restrictions as the slide is not made longer than the std APX. These are a good, reasonably priced 9mm with a better trigger than the Glock, but not as nice in my opinion as the M&P. Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Rider888 » 16 Jul 2020, 3:20 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:G'day Rider888,
The thread protector will not come off during use, you will only lose it after taking it off to clean and misplacing it. The APX has very good accuracy for a Service pistol, certainly I score better than with the 92FS and equal to the Hi-Power in Combined Services matches. As Chinballs posted the barrel is required for our length restrictions as the slide is not made longer than the std APX. These are a good, reasonably priced 9mm with a better trigger than the Glock, but not as nice in my opinion as the M&P. Cheers.

Thank you for your input. I wasn't thinking of buying one for any sort of comp shooting. Not something I do. I just like the look of the APX. Shame about our regs and barrel length. In the US, they have recently released a compact APX which is awesome. Shame these types of freedoms will never be considered in this country :(
Rider888
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Chinballs » 16 Jul 2020, 3:52 pm

Rider888 wrote:Thank you for your input. I wasn't thinking of buying one for any sort of comp shooting. Not something I do.

Shooting matches is a condition of holding your license so if you don't shoot comps they will take your license off you.
Chinballs
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Rider888 » 16 Jul 2020, 5:57 pm

Chinballs wrote:
Rider888 wrote:Thank you for your input. I wasn't thinking of buying one for any sort of comp shooting. Not something I do.

Shooting matches is a condition of holding your license so if you don't shoot comps they will take your license off you.

Yes i Know thanks. Buying an APX will not see my liability to shoot increase is what I mean
Rider888
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Chinballs » 16 Jul 2020, 6:34 pm

Rider888 wrote:Yes i Know thanks. Buying an APX will not see my liability to shoot increase is what I mean

No worries.
Chinballs
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by snag » 16 Jul 2020, 7:28 pm

Unscrew the thread protector, dab a bit of nail polish on the thread and re-install. Or get a CZ instead. Now THAT"S a good lookin' gun.....
The pen may be mightier than the sword, but personally I prefer the .30/30 Winchester.
snag
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers