Glock 17A ammo recomendations

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Glock 17A ammo recomendations

Post by CAVEMAN » 25 Oct 2020, 11:25 am

Morning all

Will be getting a Glock 17A shortly and just seeing if anyone has any recomendations on ammo to either use or avoid.

Will be just for standard papper punching at the club, so dont need to worry about FMJ but if anyone has recomendations on copper wash or similar, it would be appreciated.
"Well if it ain't an 8 inch, i'm not paying"

Some guy on the internet circa 2020
CAVEMAN
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: Glock 17A ammo recomendations

Post by Rider888 » 26 Oct 2020, 6:10 am

FMJ's would probably offer you the best value for money and from what I understand, probably the most suited for Target Practice. JHP's can be a tad more expensive but they are more suited for self defence.
I have been through many boxes of the S&B. You can buy a box of 250 for about $95 and I have never had an issue. I also have 10 boxes of the Syntech because I like the idea of a "cleaner" ammo but out of habit, I always clean my 17A after each range session thoroughly so never really noticed the difference in the cleaner more expensive ammo.
Hope this helps
Rider888
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by wanneroo » 26 Oct 2020, 8:13 am

Glock 17s pretty much digest whatever factory ammo is available. I've run about every major brand world wide and brass case and steel case with nary a problem.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Chinballs » 26 Oct 2020, 6:43 pm

Federal Non -Tox is on the weak side and the only ammo that gave some minor trouble to the guns on the shooting gallery I worked at.That was only when they were brand new though. After a few hundred rounds they cycled fine.
Chinballs
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers