Grand power pistols

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Grand power pistols

Post by LeeP » 11 Nov 2020, 9:11 pm

Hi guys. Just looking for any experience with grand power? Specifically the 22lr k22. Wanting a 22lr for cheap fun and for new people wanting to try shooting. They look awesome but not many reviews.. wanting <$700 and look like the 9mm big brothers.

Any recommendations?
LeeP
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Re: Grand power pistols

Post by wanneroo » 12 Nov 2020, 12:57 am

I've only ever seen a few for sale but Grand Power pistols seem to get good reviews overall. They haven't really caught on in the USA and the main focus for Grand Power here in the USA has been pushing their Stribog "pistol".
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by bullzeye » 12 Nov 2020, 5:50 am

I haven’t tried Grand Power - but you’ll be able to get a brand new GSG 1911 in 22LR for about half the price. I got one for around $350 (on sale). Quality product made in Germany.

Was one of my first guns so wanted something cheap but feel I got a well made product.
bullzeye
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by LeeP » 12 Nov 2020, 10:35 am

I’ve heard too many mixed reviews on the gsg. Probably not the route I want to take...
LeeP
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by Tubs » 04 Dec 2020, 7:18 pm

LeeP wrote:Hi guys. Just looking for any experience with grand power? Specifically the 22lr k22. Wanting a 22lr for cheap fun and for new people wanting to try shooting. They look awesome but not many reviews.. wanting <$700 and look like the 9mm big brothers.

Any recommendations?

I have an X Cal 9mm. Most accurate semi that I own, will shoot service matches @ 50m no problem. Maybe an STI could be more accurate? Not sure. Sight radius is awesome. The twisting barrel definitely allows for faster follow up shots.

Only gripe is it is extremely finnicky with ammo because the slide is so light. It needs pretty heft ie: factory ammo loads to battery. 3.6 gn APS450 does the trick with a 125 gn projectile.

For some reason there are supply issues with CZ's and Grandpowers. Not sure why, before you buy anything make sure parts are still available locally. GP's are pretty rare. Not sure if distributors still support. Doesnt bother me - will be a collectors item one day if so.

Good luck!
Tubs
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers