Australian Firearm Manufacturers?

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Australian Firearm Manufacturers?

Post by Member-Deleted » 12 Nov 2020, 6:07 pm

Hi all,

Does anybody know of any Australian companies that produce firearms apart from the following?:

- Lithgow
- Warwick
- Wedgetail Industries

Especially ones that make shotguns or handguns.
Member-Deleted

Re: Australian Firearm Manufacturers?

Post by scoot » 12 Nov 2020, 7:15 pm

https://www.winddynamics.com.au/shop
WA based straight pull shotgun
scoot
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by Member-Deleted » 12 Nov 2020, 8:08 pm

scoot wrote:https://www.winddynamics.com.au/shop
WA based straight pull shotgun

Thanks mate
Member-Deleted

Post by Rwd22 » 13 Nov 2020, 5:44 pm

Oceania Precision, they're in the similar game as Warwick. Straight Pull Cat B Rifles.

Wish there were more.
Rwd22
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 13 Nov 2020, 9:32 pm

I know ACME Firearms does a little bit, but they use parts from Warwick I think, they just do the stock and forgrip.
Member-Deleted

Post by womble » 14 Nov 2020, 2:02 am

I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 14 Nov 2020, 2:16 am

Australia is the second biggest weapons importer in the world.
Turnbull had ambitions for manufacturing here.
We may still go that way as the mining boom dies off. But don’t know if Scotty is ready to face reality yet.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/millystilinovic/2018/02/06/whats-behind-australias-bid-to-become-a-top-arms-exporter/?sh=3c9d4d451712

Pity Turnbull did’nt dose by election, then we could claim widespread fraud and demand a recount :D
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 14 Nov 2020, 2:49 am

Do these guys make the whole rifle or just customise?
Member-Deleted

Post by simmo » 14 Nov 2020, 4:34 am

BangWhizzClack wrote:

I think they are predominantly aftermarket stocks, customised enhancements and some some prohibited gear (cat C/D related). I don’t believe they make firearms though. Their stocks are amazing though if you want to drop the coin.
simmo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Member-Deleted » 14 Nov 2020, 4:42 am

simmo wrote:
BangWhizzClack wrote:

I think they are predominantly aftermarket stocks, customised enhancements and some some prohibited gear (cat C/D related). I don’t believe they make firearms though. Their stocks are amazing though if you want to drop the coin.

Gotcha, thank you kindly.
Member-Deleted

Post by Sarco » 14 Nov 2020, 9:05 pm

I did hear a rumour that Relic Custom was restarting operations in Melb, but was going to be manufacturing (handguns) from scratch. Absolutely no idea if it is true or not.
Sarco
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 14 Nov 2020, 9:23 pm

Sarco wrote:I did hear a rumour that Relic Custom was restarting operations in Melb, but was going to be manufacturing (handguns) from scratch. Absolutely no idea if it is true or not.

I'll call the number tomorrow and see if I get a response.
Member-Deleted

Post by Member-Deleted » 15 Nov 2020, 11:26 am

Sarco wrote:I did hear a rumour that Relic Custom was restarting operations in Melb, but was going to be manufacturing (handguns) from scratch. Absolutely no idea if it is true or not.

Number's not connected unfortunately. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.
Member-Deleted

Post by Allan mac » 27 Jan 2021, 7:37 pm

Try Viper by Jimmy Cohen from Viper products in Capalaba Qld. He does high end Pistol on STI gun parts but don't quote me on that, he is an excellent gunsmith. hope this may help
Allan Mac
Allan mac
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 28 Jan 2021, 1:43 am

Allan mac wrote:Try Viper by Jimmy Cohen from Viper products in Capalaba Qld. He does high end Pistol on STI gun parts but don't quote me on that, he is an excellent gunsmith. hope this may help
Allan Mac

Thank you :thumbsup:
Member-Deleted

Post by linkoln » 28 Jan 2021, 7:47 am

It's a shame that because Australian manufacturers have to abide by appearance laws their guns look ugly and are very old fashioned.
Get rid of that stupid law and allow modern sporting rifles that are permanently deactivated from a gas system and need to be charged manually after every shot.
linkoln
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Member-Deleted » 28 Jan 2021, 11:32 am

linkoln wrote:It's a shame that because Australian manufacturers have to abide by appearance laws their guns look ugly and are very old fashioned.
Get rid of that stupid law and allow modern sporting rifles that are permanently deactivated from a gas system and need to be charged manually after every shot.

I agree that the appearance laws should be scrapped, but semi-auto rifles should be allowed for competition shooting and hunting of pest species also.
Member-Deleted

Post by linkoln » 28 Jan 2021, 1:23 pm

BangWhizzClack wrote:I agree that the appearance laws should be scrapped, but semi-auto rifles should be allowed for competition shooting and hunting of pest species also.

Even if they made the restrictions tighter than it is to obtain a handgun licence would be tough enough to keep semi auto in the hands of law abiding citizens but they know they can't stop the criminals and no matter how tough the laws are they will still get them.

Semi auto is never coming back because a politicians job is to get re-elected and if they allow guns back and something happens it will be their fault but if they do nothing then nothing changes.
linkoln
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Diamond Jim » 28 Jan 2021, 1:55 pm

linkoln wrote:It's a shame that because Australian manufacturers have to abide by appearance laws their guns look ugly and are very old fashioned.

I don't want a neutered military lookalike and I don't need an AR15 or other military hardware, just give us back our pump and semi-auto rifles and shotguns that were opportunistically banned by Howard.
Listing your firearms is as good as a fingerprint.
Diamond Jim
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Member-Deleted » 28 Jan 2021, 2:02 pm

Though, I do think we'll have to use their strategy against them, small victories. Have them give an inch, then take a mile.
Member-Deleted

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers