Red Dot elevation adjuster migrating

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Red Dot elevation adjuster migrating

Post by Macross » 14 Feb 2021, 4:00 pm

Just wondering if anyone has tried a drop of clear nail polish on their red dot adjustment dial. Read it may be a solution to prevent it from migrating during recoil.

Would hate to put some on and wreck the dot inadvertently.
Macross
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: Red Dot elevation adjuster migrating

Post by animalpest » 14 Feb 2021, 4:36 pm

I have had a few red dot sights on .22 rifles as well as on .308 rifles. From cheap to expensive.

Some of the .308 bolt actions were shooting over 1500 rounds per week. None suffered from elevation creep. The cheap ones died after a while but the good ones keep their zero.
Professional shooter and trapper
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Blr243 » 14 Feb 2021, 4:59 pm

I had trouble finding a red dot during covid ( stock problem ). I was in a store and asked about one for my 4570. He was honest and said Don’t buy that it will fall to bits ......ended up paying nearly 700 and when I’m adjusting it it just feels so right like I’m never gonna have an issue
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Macross » 14 Feb 2021, 9:16 pm

I have a Trijicon SRO, so its not cheap... $1200ish and Im going to be sending it back for warranty.. but i need to get through a match or two before i do that, as i am guessing it will be a few weeks between sending it in and them replacing it.
Macross
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by boingk » 15 Feb 2021, 7:27 pm

$35 Victoptics here. Looks a lot olike the Aimpoint Micro and works just fine on 22LR, 223 and right up to 45-70 and shotguns so far.

Definitely put a dab of nail polish on the side of the adjustment screw top. It'll be fine.
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers