Laser Sights Options

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Laser Sights Options

Post by Rider888 » 19 May 2021, 7:10 am

Hi Just wondering if there are options to add a Laser Sight (Rail or Slide) mounted to an OEM Glock 17 Gen 5?

This concept is new to me so was seeing if anyone has done it before, without needed to change the slide or anything else and what recommendations you may have for a laser sight.

Also anyone with experience with those Guide Rod Sights and if using one of these affects the functionality of the OEM Glock in any negative way i.e. more jams etc? Just never a fan of changing out any OEM part if I dont have to thats why I am looking at the Rail or Slide mounted option instead.

Thank you
Rider888
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Re: Laser Sights Options

Post by Macross » 19 May 2021, 10:03 am

Have you looked at Red Dot Optic Sights rather than a laser. far better in my opinion. Depends on your use case but for target and practical shooting comps then you really want an optic red dot sight. Laser is a bit 80's i think.
I run a Vortex Venom on my Gen 5 Glock 34 MOS. But you could get a plate that slides into the dove tail joint of the rear sight to mount one on the non MOS variant.
Macross
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by ZaineB » 20 May 2021, 12:04 am

lasers are a definite case of you get what you pay for, I have one for my spotlighting fun, however finding one that can stay zeroed and doesn't crap out on you isn't a cheap endeavor, if I did my time again I would spend around the 1k mark straight off the bat, however likely wont bother again. If near enough is good enough then you wont be looking to find something nearly as robust, however I imagine just like lasers for long arms, pistol lasers will be a matter of you get what you pay for.

cheers.
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by ZaineB » 20 May 2021, 12:05 am

Macross wrote:Have you looked at Red Dot Optic Sights rather than a laser. far better in my opinion. Depends on your use case but for target and practical shooting comps then you really want an optic red dot sight. Laser is a bit 80's i think.
I run a Vortex Venom on my Gen 5 Glock 34 MOS. But you could get a plate that slides into the dove tail joint of the rear sight to mount one on the non MOS variant.

I haven't used both, at least on pistols, but I can imagine target acquisition is a lot quicker with some sort of red dot or holo or reflex sight than with a laser.
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers