Roger PC Charger win by NSC

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Roger PC Charger win by NSC

Post by Oldbloke » 16 Jul 2021, 1:52 pm

The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: Roger PC Charger win by NSC

Post by linkoln » 16 Jul 2021, 8:49 pm

The problem is that all lrd have to do is say sorry i don't like that so it's banned then it is up to a single private entity to fund a challenge against a government organisation with unlimited funds.
Until we address the source of the problem which is uneducated pencil pushers classifying something they know nothing about this will continue.
I was watching a video on Canadian gun laws and when a new gun arrived in the country a board looks at it and judges it on how it works and classify it based on facts rather than emotions.
linkoln
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Faedy » 16 Jul 2021, 11:47 pm

Ive seen a post from a Gun Lawyer here in WA that reckons this is bulls**t.
He has even asked them to name the case and or applicant but no response
Faedy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Gun-nut » 17 Jul 2021, 1:19 pm

NSC seems to be the only organisation fighting for us here, all the other organisations are silent as always.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by boingk » 17 Jul 2021, 8:55 pm

GO NSC! Can't rate them highly enough, I had a chat at length when a certain firearm I was undertaking transfer of was locked down by the registry without any contact or reason given.

They pushed, the registry gave and I was happy. That was it. They were happy to launch an action on my behalf as well, if I was willing to get involved for the case. Thankfully that didn't need to happen.
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by Oldbloke » 17 Jul 2021, 10:21 pm

They sure beat SSAA when it comes to protecting out rights.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by DecaHex » 18 Jul 2021, 9:44 pm

linkoln wrote:The problem is that all lrd have to do is say sorry i don't like that so it's banned then it is up to a single private entity to fund a challenge against a government organisation with unlimited funds.
Until we address the source of the problem which is uneducated pencil pushers classifying something they know nothing about this will continue.
I was watching a video on Canadian gun laws and when a new gun arrived in the country a board looks at it and judges it on how it works and classify it based on facts rather than emotions.

Another big problem is finding a club that will allow it to be used in an appropriate discipline to get the club support.
Enthusiast of meme guns
DecaHex
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by brett » 06 Sep 2021, 11:18 am

hey Faedy,
if you or your lawyer mate have any questions about it you can ask me any i will pass it on to the 3 applicants. But do you really think a professional organisation like the NSC are going to hand out names of their clients to random people?
brett
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 07 Sep 2021, 3:04 pm

DecaHex wrote:
Another big problem is finding a club that will allow it to be used in an appropriate discipline to get the club support.

For a sports licence yes, however some people have obtained them on collector licences so that is not a problem. No mag limits on collector licences too so chuck on the 32 round mag if you can find one.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 07 Sep 2021, 3:57 pm

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:
DecaHex wrote:

For a sports licence yes, however some people have obtained them on collector licences so that is not a problem. No mag limits on collector licences too so chuck on the 32 round mag if you can find one.

Sure, as long as you don't want to actually go shooting with it.
In WA it is illegal to possess ammo that fits a firearm held on a collectors licence.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 07 Sep 2021, 4:03 pm

bladeracer wrote:
In WA it is illegal to possess ammo that fits a firearm held on a collectors licence.

Really? Don't they do collector shoot days in WA? Surely they do.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by brett » 07 Sep 2021, 4:26 pm

no collector shoot days anymore. they stopped a few years ago. not sure why but im guessing WAPOL stopped giving the approvals to the WA Arms and Armour Society.
Its not illegal to have ammo that fits a collectors license gun if you have the same calibre on a open license. 9mm is hardly uncommon. However if you have ammo for your collectors 25acp without a cat H 25acp license then you might have some explaining to do... unless you have a ammunition collectors license.
brett
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by bladeracer » 07 Sep 2021, 4:28 pm

bladeracer wrote:

Really? Don't they do collector shoot days in WA? Surely they do.

No idea, but that's what the Firearms Act states.
I'm sure there's something in there that allows Police to seize any firearm for testing if they believe it has been fired?
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by brett » 07 Sep 2021, 4:48 pm

do you have a link to which part of the act your getting your info from? how does someone have a 22lr on a collectors license use their 22lr cat A rifle as well as their 22lr cat H handgun if it is illegal to posses 22lr ammo?

also im pretty sure my german walther PPK from the 1950's has been fired before. Im sure 99% or collectors firearms have been fired before. Even brand new firearms that go straight onto a collectors license have likely been lest fired in the factory, and they can be test fired by a gunsmith to make sure it is functioning correctly. Its like someone that collects antique cars. A mechanic still needs to start them up occasionally to get the fluids flowing to prevent corrosion and damage from not being used.
brett
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by bladeracer » 07 Sep 2021, 4:56 pm

brett wrote:do you have a link to which part of the act your getting your info from? how does someone have a 22lr on a collectors license use their 22lr cat A rifle as well as their 22lr cat H handgun if it is illegal to posses 22lr ammo?

also im pretty sure my german walther PPK from the 1950's has been fired before. Im sure 99% or collectors firearms have been fired before. Even brand new firearms that go straight onto a collectors license have likely been lest fired in the factory, and they can be test fired by a gunsmith to make sure it is functioning correctly. Its like someone that collects antique cars. A mechanic still needs to start them up occasionally to get the fluids flowing to prevent corrosion and damage from not being used.

Been trying to find it but can't :-)
You were correct that you can possess ammo if you have an open licence for a firearm that also uses it, I was only referring to collectors licences.

Yes, it wasn't about proving a firearm has ever been fired, it was about proving it has been fired while held on a collectors licence.
I probably have a screenshot buried somewhere, but I can't see it in the Act or Regs any more. Maybe they revoked it and simply added it under seizure of any firearm believed to have been used for an indictable offence? If using a collectors firearm is an indictable offence now that would cover it.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 07 Sep 2021, 5:08 pm

It is probably something similar too QLD were it says you can't remove them From the stored address however the footnotes say you can with commissioners approval IE a collectors shoot.
Last edited by Communism_Is_Cancer on 07 Sep 2021, 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 07 Sep 2021, 5:08 pm

bladeracer wrote:
brett wrote:do you have a link to which part of the act your getting your info from? how does someone have a 22lr on a collectors license use their 22lr cat A rifle as well as their 22lr cat H handgun if it is illegal to posses 22lr ammo?

Been trying to find it but can't :-)
You were correct that you can possess ammo if you have an open licence for a firearm that also uses it, I was only referring to collectors licences.

Yes, it wasn't about proving a firearm has ever been fired, it was about proving it has been fired while held on a collectors licence.
I probably have a screenshot buried somewhere, but I can't see it in the Act or Regs any more. Maybe they revoked it and simply added it under seizure of any firearm believed to have been used for an indictable offence? If using a collectors firearm is an indictable offence now that would cover it.

I found it, but it's a Victorian Law, not WA.
Attachments
Victoria Collectors Licence Seizure.JPG
Victoria Collectors Licence Seizure.JPG (51.4 KiB) Viewed 4391 times
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 07 Sep 2021, 5:19 pm

bladeracer wrote:

Yeah they all say that mate but the permit from section 58 it refers too is the commissioners permit for a collectors shoot.

But very interesting about the part where they can take the firearm.

WA law allows the commissioner to make everybody hand in all of their guns if he sees fit. I can't remember the exact wording but it is something like that.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 07 Sep 2021, 5:32 pm

bladeracer wrote:

Yeah they all say that mate but the permit from section 58 it refers too is the commissioners permit for a collectors shoot.

But very interesting about the part where they can take the firearm.

WA law allows the commissioner to make everybody hand in all of their guns if he sees fit. I can't remember the exact wording but it is something like that.

Yes, in Victoria we can legally use collector firearms at approved collector club shoots, so it's pointless having a law to prove whether a firearm has been fired when it is legal to fire them. We can even transfer a collector firearm to our CatA/B/C/H licence if we wish to use it (and it complies with those licences), then transfer it back to a collectors licence. Probably why I got confused thinking it was a WA thing where you cannot fire collector firearms under any circumstances.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by brett » 07 Sep 2021, 5:45 pm

bladeracer wrote:

so when the next wave of covid or the next version of covid hits the commissioner can not only close all gun ranges and therefore cancel all cat H licenses ( as no range means no genuine need ) he can also demand collectors firearms too :wtf:
one non elected person should not have that much power!
brett
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by bladeracer » 07 Sep 2021, 6:05 pm

brett wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

so when the next wave of covid or the next version of covid hits the commissioner can not only close all gun ranges and therefore cancel all cat H licenses ( as no range means no genuine need ) he can also demand collectors firearms too :wtf:
one non elected person should not have that much power!

Section 7 allows the Commissioner to demand _all_ firearms held by dealers, manufacturers, and repairers to be "rendered innocuous" or delivered to Police for "safe keeping" under any "emergency that is likely to arise".
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 07 Sep 2021, 6:15 pm

Yes section 7 thats it. Scary stuff there.
Attachments
73E651AE-83F4-4BD2-A6BC-D87D058B0FBA.jpeg
73E651AE-83F4-4BD2-A6BC-D87D058B0FBA.jpeg (510.92 KiB) Viewed 4373 times
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by boingk » 07 Sep 2021, 8:58 pm

The bit below that mentions no licence required...

Get in on those and see what you can obtain without a licence. Store those for the apocalypse.

- boingk
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by bladeracer » 07 Sep 2021, 9:11 pm

boingk wrote:The bit below that mentions no licence required...

Get in on those and see what you can obtain without a licence. Store those for the apocalypse.

- boingk

Selective reading doesn't stand up :-)
That is listing people that can handle firearms and ammunition without requiring a licence, like Police, Military, couriers and anybody finding a firearm and taking it to Police.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by animalpest » 07 Sep 2021, 9:20 pm

If you are referring to the WA Firearms Act s. 7 above then that doesn't mention others to make the "delivery". Not sure what you are referring to about couriers, military etc
Professional shooter and trapper
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by bladeracer » 07 Sep 2021, 9:29 pm

animalpest wrote:If you are referring to the WA Firearms Act s. 7 above then that doesn't mention others to make the "delivery". Not sure what you are referring to about couriers, military etc

Section 7 doesn't, Section 8 covers exemptions, including couriers and minors under supervision, owners of antique firearms and so on.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by animalpest » 07 Sep 2021, 11:13 pm

Thanks bladeracer. I thought that it was referring to s. 7 but that's ok.
Professional shooter and trapper
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers