Second PTA time

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Second PTA time

Post by ricardo93 » 25 Sep 2021, 4:44 pm

Hello new to the forums.
I have just gotten my full cat H license in NSW. I already own one rimfire pistol that I bought in the second six month PPL period.
I know that initial PTAs for each category have 28 day waiting periods before the firearms registry will look at it and then they lift the waiting period for subsequent ones.
When I purchased my rimfire pistol on my PPL I had to mark it as H8 for rimfire. I just applied for another PTA a few days ago after getting my full cat H license and the H8 category wasn't an option, I chose H5 which seems it applies to all pistols with legal barrel lengths. I do plan on purchasing a rimfire with this PTA but since the registry doesn't know that and I could purchase another type of pistol with it I am guessing I am in for a 28 day wait. When I check my license status on he police firearms portal my PTA application does not appear. I am not worried about the waiting period but I do want to make sure the PTA was received.

I guess my question is, am I in for a 28 day wait in this circumstance? Also would any future PTAs marked as H5 have a waiting period, whether the firearm wanted was air, rimfire or centrefire?
Thanks in advance for any light shed on these questions.
ricardo93
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers