Selling 2nd Hand

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Selling 2nd Hand

Post by Rider888 » 16 Dec 2021, 7:04 am

Am I better off selling through the Usedguns site or on consignment through a licensed dealer?

If I go through the used guns site, how would I conduct the transaction? Do I need to take it to a local shop for them to complete all paperwork? If so am I not better off selling it through consignment at the store?

Never been through this process before so any advice would be great

Thanks
Rider888
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Re: Selling 2nd Hand

Post by bladeracer » 16 Dec 2021, 7:49 am

However you sell it you will have to take it to a dealer. It has to be transferred off your licence onto a dealer's licence before it can be transferred to another shooter's licence. When you list it for sale you have to include your dealer's licence number in the listing.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Rider888 » 16 Dec 2021, 7:56 am

bladeracer wrote:However you sell it you will have to take it to a dealer. It has to be transferred off your licence onto a dealer's licence before it can be transferred to another shooter's licence. When you list it for sale you have to include your dealer's licence number in the listing.

OK thanks for that. Might be easier to just get the dealer to do all that for me
Rider888
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Joshua.s » 16 Dec 2021, 2:33 pm

What are you selling ??
Joshua.s
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 16 Dec 2021, 3:19 pm

i use consignment . the dealer charges 20-25% commission . but they do it all . i just collect a cheque two weeks after the buyer receives the firearm . less hassle for me . at least that's how it works in QLD :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Rider888 » 16 Dec 2021, 3:26 pm

Joshua.s wrote:What are you selling ??

I have a Beretta 92FS INOX
Rider888
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by northdude » 17 Dec 2021, 4:00 am

Over here you just need to sight a valid fal no paper work at all unless you buy throygh a shop
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by bigrich » 17 Dec 2021, 4:45 am

northdude wrote:Over here you just need to sight a valid fal no paper work at all unless you buy throygh a shop

Enjoy the freedom you have, while you still have it :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 17 Dec 2021, 8:47 am

northdude wrote:Over here you just need to sight a valid fal no paper work at all unless you buy throygh a shop

Not for handguns surely?
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by northdude » 17 Dec 2021, 10:06 am

No not handguns or our e cat unless its an air pistol rhen you dont even need any licence at all.
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by bladeracer » 17 Dec 2021, 11:00 am

northdude wrote:No not handguns or our e cat unless its an air pistol rhen you dont even need any licence at all.

That'd be cool. I guess virtually every kid has an air-pistol over there then?
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by northdude » 17 Dec 2021, 7:00 pm

We used to its tightened up a bit recently they are still around but not allowed to import them so sooner or later they will dissapear as they crap out. And the ones still in circulation are getting pretty pricey
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by rc42 » 18 Dec 2021, 12:12 am

bladeracer wrote:That'd be cool. I guess virtually every kid has an air-pistol over there then?

There's probably an age restriction, air pistols (sub 6 ft lb) are available in the UK to anyone over 18, as are air rifles (sub 12 ft lb).

I wanted an air rifle here in QLD for some plinking on our rural property but had to jump through all of the hoops for firearms licensing to get it. At the end of that process I could have much more than an air rifle so I did.
I'm actually glad that happened as I now have a safe full of fun rather than the little plinking 'toy' I had planned.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 18 Dec 2021, 12:51 am

rc42 wrote:
bladeracer wrote:That'd be cool. I guess virtually every kid has an air-pistol over there then?

There's probably an age restriction, air pistols (sub 6 ft lb) are available in the UK to anyone over 18, as are air rifles (sub 12 ft lb).

I wanted an air rifle here in QLD for some plinking on our rural property but had to jump through all of the hoops for firearms licensing to get it. At the end of that process I could have much more than an air rifle so I did.
I'm actually glad that happened as I now have a safe full of fun rather than the little plinking 'toy' I had planned.

I had the same situation in Victoria with non-firing replicas. All the same requirements as real firearms and it's easier to own real ones
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 18 Dec 2021, 11:52 am

Yes, a lot of the time the government makes things difficult and it has unintended consequences. Like needing a licence to own a gel blaster in SA. May as well buy a firearm instead of a toy if you have the licence for it.

I went through the hassle of getting a collectors licence so I could collect replica machine guns. They then changed the law and made replica machine guns the same as any other replica and no licence is now required for their ownership. So now even though it will cost a fortune I want to buy a functioning UZI pistol with a 100 round drum mag because I am licenced too. .
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 18 Dec 2021, 11:59 am

From what I hear the Denix factory is 6 months behind since Queensland changed the law. This is excellent news.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers