NSW Cat H PTA processing time?

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

NSW Cat H PTA processing time?

Post by Tubs » 07 Jan 2022, 9:30 am

Hi all. I havent put in a CatH PTA for a few years.

I logged my CatH PTA online 5 days ago, still not appearing on the online register. Called FAR, they said it was missing. I put another one in just to see, also still not appearing?!

What wait times are people seeing? Is there a technical problem or is it just the usual delays regarding all things CAT H? When I lodge an A or B PTA its normally good to go within a day or two.
Tubs
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Re: NSW Cat H PTA processing time?

Post by Daffy » 07 Jan 2022, 2:07 pm

An email is sent from Firearms Registry to your reporting Club asking verification of membership.Because it's holiday time your Club may not reply to the email straight away.I have not long been through the process and it took about 3 weeks from initial lodgement to receiving the PTA.You also need a current Police Event Number.
Long Arm PTA's take about 7 to 10 days.You just need to be sure you dot all the i's and cross all the t's.
Regards Daffy
Daffy
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Bugman » 07 Jan 2022, 4:45 pm

A lot of government departments along with private enterprise are apparently affected by the xmas/new year break and possibly limited staff due to covid infections to said staff. Just a theory, but plausible under the circumstances. See how it goes in a week or so.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Tubs » 07 Jan 2022, 8:44 pm

Daffy wrote:An email is sent from Firearms Registry to your reporting Club asking verification of membership.Because it's holiday time your Club may not reply to the email straight away.I have not long been through the process and it took about 3 weeks from initial lodgement to receiving the PTA.You also need a current Police Event Number.
Long Arm PTA's take about 7 to 10 days.You just need to be sure you dot all the i's and cross all the t's.
Regards Daffy

All good, club secretary called me today requesting a COPS number and he confirmed everything to FAR, so it appears that at least things are progressing.

thanks
Tubs
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Bello » 12 Jan 2022, 6:23 pm

Hi mate
What are you looking at buying with the new PTA
Just remember that pistol powder is as rare as an honest pollie… :lol:
Bello
Corporal