Where can we buy original CZ non modified 10 Rd magazine ?

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Where can we buy original CZ non modified 10 Rd magazine ?

Post by djmm » 20 Jan 2022, 9:39 am

Living in NSW we are unlucky that we can't buy new original CZ 10 round magazine as the new ones are all modified from 17 round one.

Anyone knows where we can source non modified original CZ 10 round one? It's for Shadow 2. Thanks.
djmm
Private
Private

New South Wales

Re: Where can we buy original CZ non modified 10 Rd magazine

Post by jwai86 » 20 Jan 2022, 11:41 am

Have you already asked dealers in NSW if they have any?
jwai86
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Bugman » 20 Jan 2022, 2:24 pm

I doubt if any reputable gun shop would sell a non modified handgun magazine here in NSW, and secondly, why would you want an "illegal" magazine. If caught you could jeopardize your licence plus the club you belong to (and I take it you do) could also end up in strife from FAR for knowingly or unknowingly letting you use it at their club/range.
Look, I know it is not the answer to your question, but you could be treading a fine line here.
Did a double check in that you can apply for a magazine of greater than 10 rounds (cat H) for the purposes of of business or employment according to NSW FAR. Do you fit in that category?
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by djmm » 20 Jan 2022, 5:54 pm

You read my question wrong, what I was asking is a CZ magazine that is 10 rounds by default. I wasnt asking for the 17 one.
djmm
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by djmm » 20 Jan 2022, 5:56 pm

jwai86 wrote:Have you already asked dealers in NSW if they have any?

Seems like only the non OEM one. That's why I was asking perhaps there's a shop somewhere that actually sells 10 Rd one that I missed?
djmm
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Bugman » 20 Jan 2022, 7:30 pm

djmm wrote:You read my question wrong, what I was asking is a CZ magazine that is 10 rounds by default. I wasnt asking for the 17 one.

Your question was a ambiguous in my opinion. Now that aside you could try Terrey Hills Gun Shop, the fellow there knows a fair bit about CZ's etc. Give him a call. Also, Cleavers in Brisbane have the shadow 10 shot magazines advertised but listed as prohibited in NSW.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 20 Jan 2022, 8:15 pm

djmm wrote:Living in NSW we are unlucky that we can't buy new original CZ 10 round magazine as the new ones are all modified from 17 round one.

Anyone knows where we can source non modified original CZ 10 round one? It's for Shadow 2. Thanks.

Are they any different?
Try Brownells.com.au if Brownells.com offers them.
Otherwise, B709 and try importing them yourself.

It may be that Border Force considers OEM 10-round mags to be too easily converted to 17rd, thus no longer allowed.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by jwai86 » 20 Jan 2022, 8:48 pm

I think there is some confusion about which CZ magazines the OP is looking for. I contacted a couple of dealers in Sydney not long ago to confirm which magazines are NSW compliant. One of them sent me the following photo as part of their explanation.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WP3Q0c ... p=drivesdk

The magazine on the right is legal in NSW, but that type is no longer manufactured or imported into Australia. The dealer who provided the photo told me that these magazines are in short supply, and are currently selling their new Shadow 2 pistols with one NSW compliant magazine instead of the three non-compliant magazines that would normally be offered.

Putting aside the difference in size because it is for .40 S&W, the magazine on the left is the one that is legal in all states except for NSW. NSW Police does not approve of the use of a pinned spacer inside the magazine (evidenced by four circular pins visible on the side) to reduce the round capacity.
jwai86
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by djmm » 21 Jan 2022, 7:18 am

Thanks for the clarification guys. I havent actually tried the shops mentioned above too so I'll give them a call. Cheers.
djmm
Private
Private

New South Wales

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers