Where to buy Dan Wesson semi auto?

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Where to buy Dan Wesson semi auto?

Post by djmm » 23 Jan 2022, 10:32 pm

Can't seem to find any Australian website that carries Dan Wesson 1911. Anyone knows which shop carries them?
djmm
Private
Private

New South Wales

Re: Where to buy Dan Wesson semi auto?

Post by rc42 » 23 Jan 2022, 11:18 pm

rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Bugman » 24 Jan 2022, 6:28 am

The one Cleavers advertised is the combination of a Dan Wesson and CZ. Interesting combination.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by rc42 » 24 Jan 2022, 8:33 am

Cleavers will be able to special order any model from the US, if there isn't an official Australian distributor they will grey import it directly but be prepared to wait up to a year for such things to arrive.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by djmm » 25 Jan 2022, 12:30 pm

I looked at that one and it seems to be delayed. Considering how US would get priority when released, I think I'd better look into different brand
djmm
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by yoshie » 25 Jan 2022, 6:24 pm

I ordered a pistol from cleavers and they said be prepared to wait a year, 2 months later it was in and they said if I didn't pay the balance soon they would advertise it and sell it on me. Cleavers customer service is shi5 but if you want it they'll get it in for you ASAP. Cleavers is a volume seller, if you go there expecting to be looked after, prepare to be disappointed, if you go there expecting a gun no-one else can get or a price no-one can match, you're in you're in luck.
Last edited by yoshie on 27 Jan 2022, 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yoshie
Sergeant
Sergeant

Australian Capital Territory

Post by djmm » 25 Jan 2022, 7:04 pm

What pistol was it?
djmm
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 25 Jan 2022, 7:16 pm

Whilst Cleavers has annoyed me in several ways to give credit where it is due, they have held onto a gun free of charge for me for several months whilst I was sorting out licensing and given me 4 boxes of ammo for half price because the sticker said $40 something but the computer said it was $80 something.

They are not known for their customer service however their prices and range of firearms is hard to beat in this country.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by rc42 » 25 Jan 2022, 8:51 pm

The above are a fair summary of Cleavers, they are a high volume seller but beat the prices of every other gun store in Australia, especially on ammo.

Staff turnover is also high so they are not generally knowledgeable and have no interest in providing help and guidance, they just want to go fetch whatever you ask for, take the money and go tot he next customer.

They have some great policies though, they will hold onto orders for about 4 months before considering charging you for storage, although they likely never do, and if your PTA is refused you get a full refund on the firearms you ordered.

I'm about an hour away so I stack up internet orders, generally set to cancel if not in stock, and when it's worth a trip up, off I go.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by yoshie » 27 Jan 2022, 6:38 pm

djmm wrote:What pistol was it?

Ruger Super Blackhawk 10inch 44 mag
yoshie
Sergeant
Sergeant

Australian Capital Territory