Lovex pistol powder shipment

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Re: Lovex pistol powder shipment

Post by bladeracer » 16 Mar 2023, 6:52 am

Oldbloke wrote:A bit closer to topic.

Does anyone actually know just what transport adds to the cost of ammo and powder?

No idea currently, or whether it's even possible yet.
I was paying a flat $60 from Rebels to country Victoria until September 2021, regardless of whether I bought 50rds of .22LR or 20,000rds, and regardless of weight, so I would add heaps of bullets and 10kg or 20kg of lead shot to the orders. $60 was less than I was paying just to ship 25kg of bullet alloy down from Northern Smelters.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 16 Mar 2023, 6:58 am

I got a quote from Cleaver years ago and they wanted about $250 for shipping ammo. When TNT bailed and Rebel couldn't send my order I got a price from Cleaver and they told me about $150, but I didn't think they had actually looked into whether they could ship it - turned out that they couldn't.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 16 Mar 2023, 7:34 pm

Perhaps i wasn't clear. About 3 months ago I paid $115 for 1kg of AR2208 at the LGS.
I wonder what the transport cost is by the time it gets to the LGS.
$15.00? I have NFI

Postage to your home is totally different kettle of fish.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 16 Mar 2023, 9:08 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Perhaps i wasn't clear. About 3 months ago I paid $115 for 1kg of AR2208 at the LGS.
I wonder what the transport cost is by the time it gets to the LGS.
$15.00? I have NFI

Postage to your home is totally different kettle of fish.

I doubt it adds much as it's being delivered as part of larger orders. If a truck goes out to deliver 200kg of powders to several dealers I guess it might add a few dollars per kilo? I'll have to discuss it with a dealer. I doubt it would be $15 per kilo.

Like many things, if you only want a little bit, but you want it tomorrow, then your dealer is going to charge you for the cost of getting it for you. If you're happy to wait a week he can add it to his regularly weekly delivery and charge you nothing extra.

I don't recall what I needed (it was a paint product), but last year I wanted something from Repco that they didn't have locally. I could spend the afternoon driving to another town that did have it, or I could pay I think $20 and they'd have it for me in the morning, or I could wait until Monday and they'd have it in stock at no extra cost. They also suggested I try a paint shop next door and he not only had what I wanted, he gave me it for nothing out of their bulk drum. It was a thinner or something.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 17 Mar 2023, 9:42 pm

Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 17 Mar 2023, 10:23 pm

Pistol or small rifle I could understand, but LRM's?
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 23 May 2023, 3:12 pm

https://tigersharkballistics.com.au/blogs/news/powder-update

"We wanted to share an update on the highly anticipated shipment of Lovex. 500KG of DO32 should arrive in July/August, though the original target was June. We sincerely apologize for the delay- we're doing everything we can to make this happen. Additionally, we have high hopes of securing a stock of D036 later in the year. However, we regret that D037.1 won't be manufactured this year.

We will have some exciting news to share about another popular brand of powder very soon. We're currently in the process of having an order packed for shipment, and we promise to keep you updated as soon as we have more information.

We kindly request you to refrain from contacting us for further specifics at this moment, as we're still awaiting info ourselves. We're unable to accommodate a wait-list for now. When it finally arrives Powder will be made available via a select dealer network in major centres.

Dealers who have supported our main business (projectiles) in the last 12 months will have first option to purchase powder, after that we will be making it available to others and yes, transport will remain a challenge but hopefully we have more options this time around.

The best way to stay in the loop is by keeping a close eye on our Facebook page/website, where we'll be sharing all the latest updates. Your patience and continued support means a lot."

I'm guessing it'll be buy powder and bullets package deals again.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 09 Aug 2023, 7:28 pm

Next shipment hopefully en-route soon.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-08-09 192653.jpg
Screenshot 2023-08-09 192653.jpg (116.05 KiB) Viewed 1184 times
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by deye243 » 09 Aug 2023, 7:51 pm

Air freight ....... kind of blows a hole in their dangerous goods thing and explosives crap .
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 09 Aug 2023, 9:04 pm

deye243 wrote:Air freight ....... kind of blows a hole in their dangerous goods thing and explosives crap .

That's very unusual.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Previous

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers