Beretta 92X Performance vs CZ Shadow 2

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Beretta 92X Performance vs CZ Shadow 2

Post by Nato » 02 Nov 2022, 12:11 pm

Hey Guys

I am looking at purchasing a new pistol and I’ve narrowed my choice down to two pistols, planning on CSD / Target Pistol / Silouhette shooting at the range.

What experience do you guys have with these 2 pistols?

CZ Shadow 2 or Beretta 92X Performance

I shot a Beretta 92X Performance today just plinking and seemed like a really nice gun to use. I have not had massive experience with the CZ Shadow 2
Nato
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Beretta 92X Performance vs CZ Shadow 2

Post by Bazz » 03 Nov 2022, 3:46 pm

Sorry not much to add Nato other than I've also narrowed it down to these 2 pistols and was keen on seeing some opinions. I'm sure as with everything else, the advice would be to shoot both and see what your prefer.

I've yet to meet anyone with a 92X P but I can confirm what everyone says, the Shadow 2 works brilliantly and will outshoot a lot of people's abilities (or at least complement them perfectly).

Cheers
Bazz
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Nato » 03 Nov 2022, 5:47 pm

Bazz wrote:Sorry not much to add Nato other than I've also narrowed it down to these 2 pistols and was keen on seeing some opinions. I'm sure as with everything else, the advice would be to shoot both and see what your prefer.

I've yet to meet anyone with a 92X P but I can confirm what everyone says, the Shadow 2 works brilliantly and will outshoot a lot of people's abilities (or at least complement them perfectly).

Cheers

Ive recently learned that apparently you are unable to use a 92X Performance in a CSD pistol match, so I guess my decision has been made easier. I loved shooting the Beretta, but if i cant use it in the main pistol shoot I compete in, sadly there would not be much need for it.
Nato
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Bazz » 03 Nov 2022, 6:53 pm

Nato wrote:
Bazz wrote:Sorry not much to add Nato other than I've also narrowed it down to these 2 pistols and was keen on seeing some opinions. I'm sure as with everything else, the advice would be to shoot both and see what your prefer.

Cheers

Ive recently learned that apparently you are unable to use a 92X Performance in a CSD pistol match, so I guess my decision has been made easier. I loved shooting the Beretta, but if i cant use it in the main pistol shoot I compete in, sadly there would not be much need for it.

Ah righto. I did see that reddit post but I'd thought maybe it would fall into Class 3 as it's built on the 92 platform and is essentially just heavily modified:

Class 3- Class 3 (Accurised/Modified/Target) handguns comprise any Class 1 or 2 service issue centrefire handgun or faithful reproduction that has been modified from its original specification, either post-production or at the factory, and may feature target-shooting-adjustable sights, hand-customised grips, barrels, trigger systems, trigger saddles or compensators

Mind you I'm not familiar with this at all :lol:
Bazz
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by wrenchman » 03 Nov 2022, 8:00 pm

I have the beretta and even though I like it I can honestly say the cz is a better gun.
I have been looking at getting one for a while cant find any dealers in my area that have them.
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by rc42 » 03 Nov 2022, 8:58 pm

Both the 92X Performance and Shadow 2 are purpose built competition pistols, both are very good and the one that feels best in your hand is probably the one to go for, you really can't make a wrong decision either way. Speed and accuracy through a competition stage will come down to you rather than the pistol.

At club level both would be allowed for CSD or even service competitions as rules are very relaxed to help shooters try the different disciplines, if you get good enough to compete at high level you might want to get a specific pistol for each type of match.

For some other matches they are probably both poor choices, semi-autos and especially the 9mm caliber are just not accurate enough at 100m for serious Silhouette shooting and are near useless at 200m, revolvers are up to the job but single shot break actions like the Thompson Contender dominate silhouette competitions.
For target shooting, again the 9mm semi-auto is never seen above club level fun shoots, sure you can take part with one but don't expect to do very well.

Get a large safe and you should have the perfect pistol for each competition type when you reach around 15 handguns.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers