Chippa Rhino

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Chippa Rhino

Post by snag » 23 Nov 2022, 8:24 pm

Has anyone here used or owns one of these revolvers? I've never seen one in the flesh, but the concept intrigues me as the underslung barrel should give really good recoil ergonomics. Plus, I watched Suicide Squad with the kids the other night and noticed that's what Margot Robbie was using (eventually that is - I was a bit distracted by her costume at first). I'm idly wondering if that's something I should have before I die. The gun I mean - not Margot Robbie. If only ...
The pen may be mightier than the sword, but personally I prefer the .30/30 Winchester.
snag
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Chippa Rhino

Post by yoshie » 23 Nov 2022, 8:50 pm

I was interested in this one but it I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on it so to speak. It would've stood out at my club.
Attachments
Screenshot_20211111-170938_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211111-170938_Chrome.jpg (197.36 KiB) Viewed 1001 times
yoshie
Sergeant
Sergeant

Australian Capital Territory

Post by rc42 » 24 Nov 2022, 2:48 pm

I've seen a couple at the range, they seem well made but the grip position is very different to most handguns so you have to lock your wrists much further forward.
Recoil is hugely reduced compared to a normal 6 shot revolver, especially with 357.

It's a pity they don't make an 8 shot though
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by jwai86 » 25 Nov 2022, 8:13 am

If you want to modify something like trigger on a Rhino, you may have issues finding a gunsmith that is familiar enough with them to confidently do the work.
jwai86
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Dabi » 04 Dec 2022, 7:09 pm

Yeah I got one in 4 inch, the recoil is a straight impulse like people say and you can pump out 6 rounds of 357 without any muzzle flip. Downside is that all the recoil goes directly into your elbow so prepare for joint pain.
large capacity fully auto military style assault flintlock
Dabi
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by snag » 04 Dec 2022, 8:13 pm

Dabi wrote:Yeah I got one in 4 inch, the recoil is a straight impulse like people say and you can pump out 6 rounds of 357 without any muzzle flip. Downside is that all the recoil goes directly into your elbow so prepare for joint pain.

Very good to know, thanks. Looking into this, thinking I might.
The pen may be mightier than the sword, but personally I prefer the .30/30 Winchester.
snag
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers