Qld collectors licence documented proof

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Qld collectors licence documented proof

Post by Leeross » 11 Sep 2023, 4:13 pm

Gday all I’ve just received my collectors licence in Qld for cat h pre 47 pistols I’ve just purchased a model 1912 steyr Hahn pistol made in 1913, I’m a bit lost on the documented proof part required for the pta, does the year stamped on the pistol or the military proof acceptance mark count for that or do I need some other documentation.
Any help would be appreciated. Cheers
Leeross
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Qld collectors licence documented proof

Post by AZZA'S HJ47 » 11 Sep 2023, 4:43 pm

Where did you do the collectors course i cant find anyone running one
Sako Varmint 243,Marlin 917, Lithgow La101 .22 , 1917 BSA 303 (ted), Finnish Vkt 1944 M39,T3X Super Varmint 223, Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70 Howa 1500 308, BSA CF2 222, 1911 9mm, Adler 12G, Sako 7mm rem Mag,Ruger m77 mk1 22-250AI, Rem 700 17 Rem, BSA No 5 303
AZZA'S HJ47
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Leeross » 11 Sep 2023, 5:02 pm

I just did a cat h safety course I didn’t do a collectors one. Took 29 weeks from application till I got my licence. I did see an actual collectors course that was held back in July in central Qld not sure if they are going to do more.
Leeross
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by No1Mk3 » 11 Sep 2023, 6:42 pm

I see no place for the date on your States PTA form, only the need for documentation to prove it is collectable. The Police website says proof maybe a reference from a publication such as Janes Guns, so a copy of the pages from Ian Hoggs Military Pistols would do or any other published work. Add to that a photo of your pistols 1913 date, and the statement from your AHS's Authorized Officer and you should be fine.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Leeross » 11 Sep 2023, 7:50 pm

Thanks no1 mk3 , my collectors branch had in their pta application guide in the monthly newsletter that you must provide documented proof of date so wasn’t too sure what was needed. I don’t know anyone directly that has a collectors licence that I can ask I’ve asked at a few of my local gun shops and got conflicting advice.cheers
Leeross
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by JSS » 16 Sep 2023, 8:57 pm

A letter from your collectors club will do the trick, works just like a cat H club letter.
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by JSS » 16 Sep 2023, 9:03 pm

AZZA'S HJ47 wrote:Where did you do the collectors course i cant find anyone running one

There's not actually a collectors course as such, you just have to do the safety course for any cats you don't already have that you want on your collectors lic for example Cat C, D, or M. Once you've done them and joined a collectors club you can submit you application with all your supporting docs, then sit & wait. Shooters Union have a collectors club for Qld.
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by 1776 » 12 Oct 2023, 2:37 pm

There is no designated collector course(in QLD). You just do the safety course for the categories you want. I already had A/B/C/D and H but I found a place that did cat M(miscellaneous). Then I applied for my collector licence.

You can however do all categories at once if the place offers it which would in essence be a collector course.
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers