How Quick Is Your Draw?

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Re: How Quick Is Your Draw?

Post by Fozzy » 08 Oct 2014, 1:56 pm

Yeah there is some sadists in my club that love the long shots hahaha. Max is usually 25m I just choose to push it out a bit
Fozzy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Baldrick314 » 08 Oct 2014, 1:59 pm

ailar wrote:30m is long for pistol shooting?

(not mocking, asking, never done it.)

Yeah 30 metres is pretty long for pistol. The furthest match I've ever shot is 50 yards which is just under 50 metres. Metalic silhouette guys shoot out to 100 metres if i remember correctly.
.177, .22lr, .22-250R, 2x .308W, .30-30W, 7.62x54r, 8x56r, 9x19, .357 Mag, 12GA
Baldrick314
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by scrolllock » 08 Oct 2014, 2:17 pm

It's funny to hear some peoples expectations of shooting and accuracy.

I'm heard some guy at the range for the first time say something like "I'm surprised, I thought I'd just hold the crosshair over the bullseye and pull the trigger and hit it!"

:lol:
scrolllock
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by cavok » 08 Oct 2014, 2:24 pm

ailar wrote:30m is long for pistol shooting?

(not mocking, asking, never done it.)

30 metres is fair, most good pistols with match grade barrels and others can at 50 metres hit dead centre, as will any good S&W revolver, 686, I know can hit at 80 metres. Some are hand loads, muzzle velocity around 1200f/s.
A good pistol shot can hit at 200 metres, see them at metallic silhouette all the time, and many use good revolvers and semi's.

Couple of major matches in IPSC set a few targets at 45-50metres, or pepper poppers.

In fact many years ago when I began shooting I would take 400 rounds to the range, the first 40-50 rounds where always at 50 metres, then I moved closer etc. We are talking standing, unsupported, not prone, that takes far to long. Prone 100 metres with slight elevation is not that hard for a good pistol, (not Glocks) sorry, but any good STI, Tanfoglio, 226 and quite a few more.
“When all about you have lost their heads and you remain calm, perhaps you do not understand the problem”.
Per ardua ad astra.
cavok
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by inspector » 11 Oct 2014, 7:45 am

50m :?

Imagining that with pistol and I wouldn't have a chance :lol:
inspector
Private
Private