Heckler and Koch pistols Australia

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Heckler and Koch pistols Australia

Post by whert » 05 Feb 2015, 7:11 pm

Are H&K pistols commonly available in Aus?

I'm thinking about pistol shooting and they look great, getting good reviews off US sites but no one here seems to shoot them that I see?

They unpopular here for some reason?
Weatherby Vanguard S2 .270 Winchester
Mossberg M464 30-30
Gamo Maxima .177
whert
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Re: Heckler and Koch pistols Australia

Post by Morro » 05 Feb 2015, 10:42 pm

I have a USP EXPERT and my mate has the USP Tactical. They are beautifully built, very reliable and especially the Expert, damn accurate. The negative side are no genuine spare parts except mags obtainable that I have found in Aus now (Shooters.com had some last year but have pulled their list).
I have had a USP ELITE on 50% deposit order for 12 months now with a maybe arrival date of late Feb-March.
HK dumped Australia except for Military and Police orders from what I understand as they got s**t on from the gov when they tried to import a rifle that looked too military.
My background endered me to them but unless your a fanboy go something else like Tanfog or STI etc
Morro
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Sifor » 06 Feb 2015, 8:54 am

I'm pretty keen on a HK as well and wondered why I never see them...everything I've read suggests they're very accurate, incredibly reliable but overpriced. Maybe the price + availability is the reason not many are here in Australia.
Sifor
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Mich » 08 Feb 2015, 11:46 am

Maybe I shouldn't be contributing to this but I can say in the US H&K are very well regarded, but not cheap.

Glock and Beretta are more affordable favourites.

Prices only goes up when you guys import stuff I believe so I'm assuming they're expensive there.
Mich
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

United States of America

Post by Lorgar » 08 Feb 2015, 11:52 am

In my case requirements for maintaining a pistol license is a put off. I like a trip to the range now and then but the mandatory 10 (I think it is... Been a while since I checked) gets up my nose a bit. Sometimes I go once a fortnight, other times I might not go for 2 or 3 months. Maybe I'm over thinking it and it would be no drama but as it is I haven't gone for the license.

If I ever decide to pursue it though, a HK45 is top of the list.
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Hucka » 09 Feb 2015, 1:57 pm

Wouldn't turn down a HK P30.

Basically the little brother of the HK .45. Comes in 9mm and .40S&W
Hucka
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by Wheelbarrow » 09 Feb 2015, 2:04 pm

Sifor wrote:Maybe the price + availability is the reason not many are here in Australia.

This is just a one mans observation but I think lack of popularity compounds a lack of popularity in this case.

Influenced by price surely, but I think lots of people have Glocks, 1911s, Sigs and Walthers which (depending on model) are more affordable.

When new shooters take up pistol shooting and are looking around they see Glocks, 1911s, Sigs and Walthers.... Leads to them buying one of the same thing.
Nikon Monarch 4-16x42
Ruger Hawkeye Standard chambered in .270 Win
Wheelbarrow
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by bluerob » 10 Feb 2015, 8:25 am

I've been lucky to own a few. Had the USP Tactical in 9mm, Elite in 9mm and the .45 Socom.

I'm not an expert on handguns, but, I've had the opportunity to shoot a few different semi auto's over the years, including race guns, customs etc.

Apart from the Sig that I now own, H&K's are the best I've ever shot. Accuracy is insane. If you can get an Elite, you'll be very impressed with the out of the box accuracy.

Having to wait an eternity for these to be imported and the lack of easily obtained parts has put me off buying any new H&K's.

If I could get one as easy as a Glock (and the parts support), I'd have a safe full.
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by SendIt » 10 Feb 2015, 8:24 pm

Hucka wrote:Wouldn't turn down a HK P30.

Did someone just watch 'John Wick' ? :D
Sako 85 Hunter Laminated Stainless 30-06 Sprg
Zeiss Conquest HD5 2-10x42

Winchester 1892 44-40
SendIt
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by cooker » 10 Feb 2015, 8:26 pm

bluerob wrote:I've been lucky to own a few. Had the USP Tactical in 9mm, Elite in 9mm and the .45 Socom.

USP Tac, yes please :thumbsup:
cooker
Private
Private

New Zealand

Post by Hucka » 16 Feb 2015, 7:26 pm

SendIt wrote:Did someone just watch 'John Wick' ? :D

I'll fess up, yep :lol:
Hucka
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by Arth » 16 Feb 2015, 7:26 pm

And you can rock out with Marilyn Manson on the sound track while playing with your guns.

Metal music and guns, you're loving it right Greenies? :P
Arth
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers