Ruger or Glock?

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Ruger or Glock?

Post by gunnerjacky » 21 Dec 2015, 3:59 pm

Hey buddies, let me know your preference - Ruger or Glock. Also let me know the reason of your choice. Mine is Ruger, because it is easy to hold, it looks better and it has comparatively better accuracy (it's my experience).
gunnerjacky
Recruit
Recruit

United States of America

Re: Ruger or Glock?

Post by AusTac » 21 Dec 2015, 5:36 pm

Not that i've used one in this country..but glock all the way, simple, rugged and easy as piss to strip love them
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by Baronvonrort » 21 Dec 2015, 5:53 pm

Ruger.

The Ruger catalog would have something to suit everyone, what a range.

Ruger's share price has increased around 70% since Obama became President
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 21 Dec 2015, 7:08 pm

Baronvonrort wrote:Ruger.

The Ruger catalog would have something to suit everyone, what a range.

Ruger's share price has increased around 70% since Obama became President

Yep, Bazza is the best gun salesman the US has seen in...... well ever :lol: :thumbsup:

As far as the OP goes, I dont know what your models your talking about, but in my limited Glockenspiel experience, they are too light for my liking, like you're holding nothing, so give me a 92 or a 1911 any day..... or a sig or...well plenty before a glock.

As far as Roogas go, any manufacturer that supplies a regime that shoots kids (1022)..... can go to hell.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by PaladinAus » 21 Dec 2015, 10:44 pm

I'd say Ruger, but for rim fire only. Have always had a unexplained soft spot for the Charger. Would take a Glock over any Ruger center fire semi that I've seen.

<<Genesis93>> wrote:As far as Roogas go, any manufacturer that supplies a regime that shoots kids (1022)..... can go to hell.

Did I miss something?
PaladinAus
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 22 Dec 2015, 7:58 am

PaladinAus wrote:I'd say Ruger, but for rim fire only. Have always had a unexplained soft spot for the Charger. Would take a Glock over any Ruger center fire semi that I've seen.

<<Genesis93>> wrote:As far as Roogas go, any manufacturer that supplies a regime that shoots kids (1022)..... can go to hell.

Did I miss something?

Maybe, many did, Israel started using the 1022 to snipe protesters back 20 to 30yrs ago, as a 'less lethal' crowd control measure, trouble was that when you shoot a human in the head, they were tending to die...so there was an 'outcry' (who would have thought).. so they stop using the rifle for a very short while....

It has now returned to use, if you look at some recent images you'll see the soldiers toting different rifles, the 1022 with moderator covering the whole barrel like this;

Theyre saying that theyre only shooting 'in the leg'.... but tell that to the parents. I dont care what the media paint the situation as, stone throwing does not deserve death..

When they do 'miss' the head and wound, they'll then later storm the hospital to arrest the individual. This has occurred many times, including an incident where 20 to 30 police/soldiers/commandos dressed 'as Palestinians' including a seemingly very pregnant woman pushed in a wheelchair, entered a palestinian hospital at about 2am, covers come off pregnant 'woman' revealing assault rifles etc and they storm the ward, kill another (cousin?) while arresting the bedridden person.

I really wanted to buy a scout rifle.....no more :thumbsdown:
I'll likewise never buy a Desert Eagle....whether made in USA or on stolen land.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by brett1868 » 22 Dec 2015, 9:16 am

What are we shooting? Both companies have some great products but I like to by the best tool for the job at hand.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Chronos » 22 Dec 2015, 9:28 am

As others have asked what discipline are you planning on shooting?

The glock does one thing well, the light frame allows comfortable carry with large magazines for those that do. Generally in Oz we don't but for a beginner the basic sights and light weight can be a blessing, particularly with mild target loads. This also goes for the M&P range from S&W and the less popular Springfield.

I think the CZ SP-01 is the best all around gun for aussies but could be too heavy for some.

I'm not familiar with any Ruger centrefire guns but the rimfire guns are fine pieces of kit.

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by wrenchman » 22 Dec 2015, 9:29 am

i have never been a glock fan and i like rugers and i like revolvers
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by pomemax » 22 Dec 2015, 10:17 am

buy both save the argument for 9mm or .357 or .22
I have the 22/22wm revolver in Ruger I have shot a few (tuper ware) clocks at the range then bought a Beretta and a 1911 next one will be 357 Desert eagle.
The clocks have a following same as the ruger the best way to know is to get hold of as many as possible and see how they feel to you
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by wrenchman » 22 Dec 2015, 12:07 pm

as a person that has had a number of guns if you dont like a gun when you buy it you wont like to shoot it
i buy and sell and trade.
every one seems to have likes and no one likes the same things
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Spudman75 » 22 Dec 2015, 8:29 pm

Have a look at STI, the make a range of 1911's and 2011 (hicap) models. I have an Edge in 9mm, beautiful gun. For .22 lots of Browning Buckmarks, Rugers at my club. I opted for a S&W Model 41, similar angles to a 1911, almost got the Hamerli... but ended up with the S&W.
Spudman75
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by brett1868 » 22 Dec 2015, 10:28 pm

Spudman75 wrote:Have a look at STI, the make a range of 1911's and 2011 (hicap) models. I have an Edge in 9mm, beautiful gun. For .22 lots of Browning Buckmarks, Rugers at my club. I opted for a S&W Model 41, similar angles to a 1911, almost got the Hamerli... but ended up with the S&W.

I've got the STi Trubor in 38 Super along with a Glock 17 G4, both have their purpose along with strengths and weaknesses. The STi is awesome to shoot but it's purpose built for IPSC so I can't use it in many disciplines, hence the Glock. The next 2 have been bought and paid for already and pending High Cal & PTA's, a DE44 with compensator and a 5" Korth 45ACP. The most important aspect for me is the grip size and how it falls into the hand, it has to be comfortable. A S&W 686 is on the list along with the Beretta 92F just cause I like how they look and I want the 686 for competition.
I've used the Ruger 22 revolvers at the range and quite liked them, if I get into western action at some stage then I'd give the Ruger Blackhawk or Vaquero serious consideration. I'm not brand loyal, I have many different manufactures rifles in the safes and same goes for pistol. I look at the intended purpose firstly and choose the best product to achieve that purpose.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by coloradoboy » 25 Dec 2015, 11:16 am

the glock is the ak-47 of pistols.

versatile, rugged and reliable.
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed"
coloradoboy
Private
Private

United States of America

Post by Yelp » 04 Jan 2016, 12:21 pm

Baronvonrort wrote:Ruger's share price has increased around 70% since Obama became President

Attempted gun control was the greatest thing that could have ever happened for firearm manufacturers in the US.

Every time someone mentions it they can watch their bank accounts rise.
Yelp
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by GLS_1956 » 05 Jan 2016, 4:26 am

Simple question, even simpler answer: Ruger SR1911. No combat Tupperware for me.
I've been asked: "How many guns do you need to have?" My answer remains the same: "One more."
GLS_1956
Sergeant
Sergeant

United States of America

Post by Title_II » 05 Jan 2016, 4:58 am

I don't know anybody that has a semiauto centerfire Ruger. And I probably know about 50 people that carry or collect firearms. They are good at .22s (Mark II/III/22-45) and wheel guns. One of my buddies had one of their single/double semis in the early 90s and it sucked. But that was a long time ago. I have no experience with their current line of semis.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by SendIt » 08 Jan 2016, 10:15 am

I would have thought their AR platform would have been popular over there?
Sako 85 Hunter Laminated Stainless 30-06 Sprg
Zeiss Conquest HD5 2-10x42

Winchester 1892 44-40
SendIt
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers