glock 17, 19 or 26?

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Re: glock 17, 19 or 26?

Post by Title_II » 01 Feb 2016, 6:23 am

He came to an odd place to ask about a carry gun.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Chronos » 01 Feb 2016, 8:07 am

Title_II wrote:He came to an odd place to ask about a carry gun.

I agree and I made the same mistake of assuming the op was in Australia and saying Ng his choices were limited to 120mm barrel models.

I guess there's a good reason to fill in the "location" cell in your profile :thumbsup:

Interestingly on my phone the members location doesn't show in portrayed view and I must rotate my phone for it to show :unknown:

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by junjun » 01 Feb 2016, 2:04 pm

Chronos wrote:
junjun wrote:
gunnerjacky wrote:Basically, I want a glock which serves all of my purposes - that is both defense and CCW. I found that 17 is best for home defense.

Pretty sure you are not allow to use firearms for self-defence in Australia. If you store you fireamrs and ammo correctly. It takes a bit of time for you locate both keys, open both safe, put the ammo in.

People often say when an intruder comes it, they will use whatever necessary to defend themselves and their family. However, if these people need to worry one day they might have armed intruder, not sure if they are fit to have the licence at the first place.

Pretty safe bet jacks not in Australia

" Learning firearms from Boston Firearms Training School"

Careful not to judge everyone by our standards

Chronos

Hm...Missed that one. And we do have an interesting standard in gun laws. I am only very recently getting into the shooting sport, and I can see many regulations that are a bit silly.
junjun
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by VICHunter » 01 Feb 2016, 2:50 pm

Chronos wrote:Light so police can carry more rounds and sloppy chambers so it'll keep cycling in dirty conditions. It's not a target pistol be any means but a solid workhorse none the less

A bit off topic here but along those lines, do you know what constitutes "accurate enough" for police/security guard use?

As you say they are not target pistols but given the situations where one is going to be used a certain level of accuracy would be critical.

I'm just curious what it is.
VICHunter
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by gunnerjacky » 07 Apr 2016, 3:54 pm

I am basically from Boston (Massachusetts) where it is a gun law which says you cannot carry a gun unless you possess MA Gun License. And in order to get this license the citizens have to go through NRA certified firearms safety training lessons. But, I didn't know that gun law is not there in Australia. So, bump for that.. :|
Learning firearms from Boston Firearms Training School
gunnerjacky
Recruit
Recruit

United States of America

Post by WayneO » 07 Apr 2016, 5:45 pm

In S.A I EDC (every day carry) either my Glock 19 Gen 3 or my 26 Gen 4. For IDPA I use my 19. However when I was doing IPSC I used to only use my 34.
The 17 just does not have a place and I cant remember when last i shot mine.
However if i was not going to be using a Glock for EDC, I would not use it for sport shooting, I would rather get myself a SP1 Shadow.
"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis" Dante's Inferno
WayneO
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Seconds » 14 Apr 2016, 10:52 am

Yeah, I like to keep my 6 key on a separate keyboard over to the side so I don't accidentally press it :P
Sako 85 Hunter
.308 Winchester
Seconds
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers