Low cost/round Factory 9mm?

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Re: Low cost/round Factory 9mm?

Post by Chinballs » 01 Mar 2019, 5:15 pm

Shooting gallery license conditions require tethering the firearms. The rules are different for club members directly supervising unlicensed shooters. They both use Form 33/Form 33A though. A shooting gallery operates totally different to a club. They don't shoot competitions and are not limited by calibre or magazine capacity. You don't even need to hold a license to work at one, you are authorised by the gallery license to handle firearms. The owner insists, for obvious reasons, on all staff being licensed for A/B/H as they also have a shotgun and have used rfles in the past. WLB won't approve Cat C though, the owner has tried a couple of times.

The picture is from The Shooting Center on the Gold Coast. There is also a club (SIPC) that operates out of the same building. The range is split down the middle, ten bays for the gallery license and ten bays for the club.

There was another gallery in Surfers (Australian Shooting Academy) but their owner died suddenly and the business closed a few weeks ago. There used to be one on Hamilton Island as well but I'm pretty sure that cosed down a while ago. I know there is quite a few licenses issued but I don't think there are actually many operating.
Chinballs
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by cracker » 01 Mar 2019, 7:17 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:I've used stacks of Highland (branded PPU) on chamberings from 223Rem to 375H&H, without a problem....not particularly 'dirty'....just good, clean, noisy and relatively cheap fun :thumbsup:

ditto and the brass is pretty reasonable to reuse, loaded 30-30, .303, 375h&h with no issues very little stretch in case length no splitting... for what you pay its a bloody good deal... the 9mm stuff is kinda grubby i guess, pretty smokey
cracker
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 02 Mar 2019, 12:58 am

Chinballs wrote:
Yep. In QLD a shooting gallery allows unlicensed shooters to shoot firearms after completing a Form 33A as long as they are not an "excluded person." The tether allows them to move the firearm up and down and enough side to side movement to aim at the target without having the ability to turn the firearm towards themselves or anyone else. If the tether system wasn't in place I would have nothing to do with the place lol.

Couldn't a potential suicider just jump in front of the tether, put their thumb through the trigger guard and blow themselves away?
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Chinballs » 04 Mar 2019, 2:46 am

wanneroo wrote:Couldn't a potential suicider just jump in front of the tether, put their thumb through the trigger guard and blow themselves away?

They could but they are supervised by a range officer at all times and it's quite an awkward manouvre to achieve. We've had a few cases of people who wanted to do it but after going out on the range they soon see it isn't a viable option. Normally they shoot one mag/cylinder, realise it isn't gonna happen and then leave. In the majority of cases you can tell by their mannerisms and how they talk (or don't) when they are filling in the Form 33 and you can steer them away without issue.
Chinballs
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by thunderbird » 05 Mar 2019, 12:35 pm

I have been using S&B for my CZ for a while. have no problem and happy with the price (roughly $22/50, if bought in bulk).
thunderbird
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by bullzeye » 07 Apr 2019, 2:34 pm

Cheapest box of 50 rounds in Sydney?

I’ve been getting American eagle or Fiocci at around $27 for a box of 50 (HPGS).

Anything cheaper?
bullzeye
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by goat » 08 Apr 2019, 6:51 pm

Magnum Sports often have the 250 boxes of S&B for around $103
goat
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by bullzeye » 08 Apr 2019, 9:16 pm

Wow, thanks.

That’s a good price. Will check it out.
bullzeye
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by zhuk » 09 Apr 2019, 3:21 am

Be aware that Magnum does not sell ammo from their website, it has to be in person piclup...but you live in my neck of the woods so it should be your local too heh
zhuk
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Previous

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers