IDPA Shooting

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

IDPA Shooting

Post by WayneO » 21 Apr 2016, 11:12 pm

Can anyone help me with this? I have done every search i know how to do, but I cant find any IDPA clubs in Australia. Is the sport banned or has it just not taken off over here?
I shot in IDPA in South Africa for 12 years and I absolutely love the sport.Did IPSC for a few years before that, and while I did enjoy it, it never really pulled me in.
"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis" Dante's Inferno
WayneO
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Re: IDPA Shooting

Post by No1Mk3 » 23 Apr 2016, 6:08 am

G'day WayneO,
There are no Defensive pistol clubs in Australia. The main reason for the lack of take up is the fact that firearms are totally prohibited for defensive use in this country other than by security or police, therefore there has never been the need to move away from IPSC to IDPA's philosophy of "more realistic defense situations". You would face great difficulty with concealed holsters and the humanoid shape of the target also. Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Re: IDPA Shooting

Post by WayneO » 25 Apr 2016, 5:37 pm

Thank you very much for that. Its a pity as its a great sport and really makes you think as you run through the different stages. But I guess it is what it is.
"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis" Dante's Inferno
WayneO
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers