New H&K pistol

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

New H&K pistol

Post by bluerob » 20 Jul 2016, 2:07 pm

I'm a bit of a "fanboy" of H&K firearms. Owned a few over the years (handguns only, no rifles).

Given the grief that was caused over a rifle that H&K were looking to import a few years ago, I guess we will NEVER see this new pistol.

http://www.tactical-life.com/firearms/h ... sp5k-right

Such a pity. I'd like one of these.
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Re: New H&K pistol

Post by brett1868 » 20 Jul 2016, 3:24 pm

I'm officially aroused :D I'm a fan of roller delayed blowback locking for its accuracy. You can lock the barrel to the frame which vastly improves accuracy. I've got a Korth PRS 45 that uses this system, the action has to be the smoothest of anything I've used.
I wouldn't rule this pistol out of being imported into Australia as it complies with all requirements. If Ruger can slap a cut down 10/22 into a pistol grip stock and import it then this should be fine but I'd expect a hefty price tag.
If anyone wants a quick video of the action I'm happy to shoot something and upload to YouTube. There isn't a good video of the Korth PRS and I was thinking to fix that anyway.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 20 Jul 2016, 5:21 pm

.....an MP5 on a handgun licence.. :lol: ..that would be some hardcore plinkage... I like the roller, its 'the' engineering solution to the lock....... but as likely as finding that mythical Victorian Panther...

Very 8-) .....

The Korth is a classy looking 1911.... looks like a CZ52 to me though...
Fixed barrel would translate to some fine shootin pistola :thumbsup:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by brett1868 » 20 Jul 2016, 7:08 pm

Sorry for a bit of a side jack....couldn't resist posting some pics of the Roller Locking action on the Korth PRS 45

IMG_2486.JPG
Bolt removed from slide, fitted to barrel.
IMG_2486.JPG (156.16 KiB) Viewed 7406 times

IMG_2478.JPG
Colt 45 Slide compared to Korth PRS
IMG_2478.JPG (200.08 KiB) Viewed 7406 times

IMG_2482.JPG
Bolt disassembled
IMG_2482.JPG (211.6 KiB) Viewed 7406 times

IMG_2487.JPG
Side view of bolt locked into barrel
IMG_2487.JPG (178.22 KiB) Viewed 7406 times

IMG_2490.JPG
Barrel slides into bottom of frame and slide to the top.
IMG_2490.JPG (201.53 KiB) Viewed 7406 times

IMG_2491.JPG
Flawless finish
IMG_2491.JPG (119.63 KiB) Viewed 7406 times
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Cryptic » 21 Jul 2016, 2:00 am

Theres another very similar just came out from Zenith firearms called the Z-5p from what i have read its been done on some of the old machines and designs from h&k.
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by No1Mk3 » 21 Jul 2016, 4:09 am

I can't see any reason why the H&K couldn't be imported and sold, no different to many other handguns that look "out there". Personally think it is a load of wank though, nothing more than a fan boy toy, which is OK if it is cheap, but it bloody won't be! $1500 or under I'd by one for fun, but over $2K? As for roller locking, think I'll stick to my CZ52 thanks. Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bluerob » 21 Jul 2016, 8:44 am

brett1868 wrote:I'm officially aroused :D I'm a fan of roller delayed blowback locking for its accuracy. You can lock the barrel to the frame which vastly improves accuracy. I've got a Korth PRS 45 that uses this system, the action has to be the smoothest of anything I've used.
I wouldn't rule this pistol out of being imported into Australia as it complies with all requirements. If Ruger can slap a cut down 10/22 into a pistol grip stock and import it then this should be fine but I'd expect a hefty price tag.
If anyone wants a quick video of the action I'm happy to shoot something and upload to YouTube. There isn't a good video of the Korth PRS and I was thinking to fix that anyway.

There's no current importer (easily found anyway...) of civilian gear. Christ knows who the special forces and Police use for their gear.

Maybe you could start the agency? I'll happily work for free licking envelopes (all I can manage now....).

HK Systems disappeared and the current company (as listed...) doesn't have anyone answering phones. I'm chasing some 10 round mags.

Are you finding it harder to shoot your .45 to say, 3 years ago? I got the high calibre permit, bought the 44 mags and nowhere to shoot that's a managable drive. Sold them to a collector.

Glad I didn't buy another HK Socom.
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bluerob » 21 Jul 2016, 8:46 am

<<Genesis93>> wrote:.....an MP5 on a handgun licence.. :lol: ..that would be some hardcore plinkage... I like the roller, its 'the' engineering solution to the lock....... but as likely as finding that mythical Victorian Panther...

Very 8-) .....

The Korth is a classy looking 1911.... looks like a CZ52 to me though...
Fixed barrel would translate to some fine shootin pistola :thumbsup:

You kill me sometimes. :sarcasm:

This is not an MP5. Far from it, apart from "cosmetic" issues, its a HANDGUN.

Another Adler moment avoided.....
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 21 Jul 2016, 9:27 am

bluerob wrote:You kill me sometimes. :sarcasm: ......
...my pleaseure ;)

bluerob wrote:........This is not an MP5. Far from it, apart from "cosmetic" issues, its a HANDGUN.

Apart from statutory changes inside the weapon, the SP5K is absolutely identical to the MP5K

New H&K:
Old MP5k:

The only difference with be the lack of the pewpewpewpew setting :) and of course the front rest for shooting off the bench is a bit more compact ;)

Whether or not its classified as a handgun is entirely at the 'mercy' of our overlords.....if it concealable, even 'reasonably' so, OR can be 'reasonably' raised and fired with one hand - you got a handgun there.... THEN there the military design/appearance thing that gets them convulsing and gives them conniptions in the Police/ministry....

I'd still want one....dont have any need for it... neither for an Automag 44AM, but I wants :thumbsup:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 21 Jul 2016, 9:35 am

brett1868 wrote:Sorry for a bit of a side jack....couldn't resist posting some pics of the Roller Locking action on the Korth PRS 45

pics were here

That is some amazing machining that goes into the action, its no wonder they are almost never done commercially, when a tilting barrel / short recoil has comparatively so few moving parts...and obviously a lot cheaper to produce..... the farmers in the hills of the Philippines would have a heck of a time outputting one of those with a hack saw, 2 files and an arc welder :? :lol:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by bluerob » 21 Jul 2016, 10:24 am

<<Genesis93>> wrote:
bluerob wrote:You kill me sometimes. :sarcasm: ......
...my pleaseure ;)

bluerob wrote:........This is not an MP5. Far from it, apart from "cosmetic" issues, its a HANDGUN.

Apart from statutory changes inside the weapon, the SP5K is absolutely identical to the MP5K

New H&K:
Old MP5k:

The only difference with be the lack of the pewpewpewpew setting :) and of course the front rest for shooting off the bench is a bit more compact ;)

Whether or not its classified as a handgun is entirely at the 'mercy' of our overlords.....if it concealable, even 'reasonably' so, OR can be 'reasonably' raised and fired with one hand - you got a handgun there.... THEN there the military design/appearance thing that gets them convulsing and gives them conniptions in the Police/ministry....

I'd still want one....dont have any need for it... neither for an Automag 44AM, but I wants :thumbsup:

Just messing with you.

I just like the comment about how good it'd be as a target pistol. My club capt would faint if I pulled this out and put it on the bench for a NRA match.

Don't think it'd make service, but, definitely IPSC...
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 21 Jul 2016, 10:28 am

As long as its painted anything but black... cause black is militaryish... and more dangerouser....we know that :?
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Cryptic » 21 Jul 2016, 6:05 pm

IF even able to get it here you would probably be looking at $3500 to $4500+ for either the H&K or the Zenith z-5p going by the H&K US retail of $2700 then the BS of getting it here.
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bluerob » 22 Jul 2016, 9:47 am

Cryptic wrote:IF even able to get it here you would probably be looking at $3500 to $4500+ for either the H&K or the Zenith z-5p going by the H&K US retail of $2700 then the BS of getting it here.

If there was an Oz importer, I'd happily part with coin. As for importing my own, as you say the BS needed aint worth the effort.

I'll get my jollies sorted on my next US trip. Might even make it this year....

http://mgshooters.com
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 22 Jul 2016, 10:12 am

bluerob wrote:
Cryptic wrote:IF even able to get it here you would probably be looking at $3500 to $4500+ for either the H&K or the Zenith z-5p going by the H&K US retail of $2700 then the BS of getting it here.

If there was an Oz importer, I'd happily part with coin. As for importing my own, as you say the BS needed aint worth the effort.

If you don't mind a travelling companion, let me know when you're going and I might be able to join you. I'm planning to head to the U.S mid next year for the FCSA world titles so if the dates line up I'm in for sure.

First stop http://mgshooters.com/Rentals.php
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by bluerob » 22 Jul 2016, 11:12 am

brett1868 wrote:
bluerob wrote:

If you don't mind a travelling companion, let me know when you're going and I might be able to join you. I'm planning to head to the U.S mid next year for the FCSA world titles so if the dates line up I'm in for sure.

First stop http://mgshooters.com/Rentals.php

Could be a plan.....I wanna. 50 Ma Deuce for xmas, rental for 1 hour.....

I was thinking about going this year, but, maybe next year might be a better option, depending on where our $AUD sits with the $US and how their election pans out.

Not as simple as just jumping on a plane anymore. Too much crap going on and to be honest, I'd prefer to be at home than stuck overseas.

Just "thinking aloud..."
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 23 Jul 2016, 12:33 am

My missus is currently in Ukraine with our son, she's about 200km from the front line of fighting with the Russian's. Flew in via Turkey missing the airport bombing by a couple weeks and now due to fly back via Turkey this coming Wednesday. I know the stress of getting stuck somewhere all too well at the moment but the U.S should be cool. I'll be teaching the young fella how to call shots in Mildura and will take him with me next year if he's keen. That's the plan at this stage, anything can happen in the next 10 months.
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by bluerob » 23 Jul 2016, 8:11 am

brett1868 wrote:My missus is currently in Ukraine with our son, she's about 200km from the front line of fighting with the Russian's. Flew in via Turkey missing the airport bombing by a couple weeks and now due to fly back via Turkey this coming Wednesday. I know the stress of getting stuck somewhere all too well at the moment but the U.S should be cool. I'll be teaching the young fella how to call shots in Mildura and will take him with me next year if he's keen. That's the plan at this stage, anything can happen in the next 10 months.

Your story reminds me of some stuff when I was a kid. LONG story and not for public.....

Mate, I really hope that all goes well with your wife and son getting home.

We will definitely be talking more about a trip, next year. I'm about 40% chance of going this year. If I do go, I'll make sure I get enough pictures of what happens at this shoot.

I know our lower dollar is better for our export markets (what's left.....), but, just a few weeks of dollar parity where we aren't paying $4.00 per .50 round than say $9.00 will definitely see me on a jet plane.

I've seen what it costs you to reload your gear and I complain about loading .357 mag.....
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 23 Jul 2016, 10:09 am

brett1868 wrote:My missus is currently in Ukraine with our son, she's about 200km from the front line of fighting with the Russian's. Flew in via Turkey missing the airport bombing by a couple weeks and now due to fly back via Turkey this coming Wednesday. I know the stress of getting stuck somewhere all too well at the moment but the U.S should be cool. I'll be teaching the young fella how to call shots in Mildura and will take him with me next year if he's keen. That's the plan at this stage, anything can happen in the next 10 months.

Brett, get your hand off it.... if they were fighting 'The Russians', then Kyiv would have been taken by 9am on the first day, and they would have been at the Polish border by a quarter past... Yes, no doubt there are Russians (citizens) in there fighting....but I would not say its 'the Russians'....

That said, hope the family is safe, traveling through Ukraine and Turkey.

:friends:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by brett1868 » 23 Jul 2016, 6:21 pm

Brett, get your hand off it.... if they were fighting 'The Russians', then Kyiv would have been taken by 9am on the first day, and they would have been at the Polish border by a quarter past... Yes, no doubt there are Russians (citizens) in there fighting....but I would not say its 'the Russians'....

The current situation is a stalemate between the Ukraine regular army and the separatists which are backed up by Russian troops. My wife has family and friends in Donetsk who have clearly told us of the large numbers of Russian soldiers in their town. Putin could smash Ukraine with his left nut if he wished but he isn't reckless. He knew exactly how hard to push and how much territory he could take without full scale international reprisals. So far the only reprisals have been harsh words and some sanctions but nothing with any bite to it. The Ukrainians and Russian are still trading shots in some areas but neither are committing to a full on offensive which is why we're not seeing anything in the media. The Ukrainian military are conscripting males from 18 to 50 to serve in the army, they are building numbers I believe in preparation for an all out assault. It takes time to train and equip them so nothing will happen in the near future but eventually the conflict will come to a head. My father in-law is in his late 60's and the army has tried to force him back into service as he previously served in the Soviet Army in Afghanistan and they need experienced soldiers. He was shot in the leg fighting and has difficulty walking but they are still trying to get him to fight again. Wife & boy are due to depart Odessa on Wednesday and arriving Sydney Thursday, I'll feel much better after they land.
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 23 Jul 2016, 7:35 pm

The sh#t must be desperate in Ukraine if theyre conscripting all males of age and even a 60s yo invalid afghan vet...but if they go all in.... the tanks etc will cross that border en mass.... no one wants that, it would be a blood bath, more so than up to this point.... :thumbsdown:

http://liveuamap.com/

anyhoo.... you looking for a CZ yet? :)
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by brett1868 » 24 Jul 2016, 1:31 am

Ya gotta love Hickok45, the more shooting less talking approach to firearms reviews. I actually shot the 10mm and Korth 45 this afternoon out St Mary's and will be out there again tomorrow to get my collectors license paperwork signed off. For s**ts and giggles I'm going to take the 460 and DE44 cause I'm addicted to the flash and noise of the 460 and a Desert Eagle 44 is Always fun.
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by bluerob » 24 Jul 2016, 12:14 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:The sh#t must be desperate in Ukraine if theyre conscripting all males of age and even a 60s yo invalid afghan vet...but if they go all in.... the tanks etc will cross that border en mass.... no one wants that, it would be a blood bath, more so than up to this point.... :thumbsdown:

http://liveuamap.com/

anyhoo.... you looking for a CZ yet? :)

I've had a LIFETIME of history lessons concerning this area and the politics. They will recruit 80 year old women if necessary.

There's a lot of historical "bad blood" in this region that goes back years & years. Spent my childhood hearing & watching some crazy stuff.

I just finished reading a book on Putin. He ain't no vodka soaked fool....
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers