first pistol advice

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Re: first pistol advice

Post by ItsMe » 08 Aug 2016, 6:33 pm

@gunneryjacky you're right, a lot of people do go for a Glock.

Personally, I prefer something with a little more weight, like perhaps a CZ Shadow. The CZs are similarly priced to the Glock and have just as many parts and mods available.
ItsMe
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by GLS_1956 » 08 Aug 2016, 6:38 pm

First pistol, handgun, should be in 22 Long Rifle. I am a firm believer in this. I know that that that simply increases the cost of gun ownership with you starting small and having to go and buy bigger but the 22LR has too many advantages to pass up. The guns generally cost less, the ammo cost less and with lower cost per shot means you shoot more and gain confidence. The guns recoil less which makes them more enjoyable to shoot which means you shoot more, remember that less expensive ammo, and get to be a better shot. They are not as loud which gives you the same benefits as having lower recoil.
I've been asked: "How many guns do you need to have?" My answer remains the same: "One more."
GLS_1956
Sergeant
Sergeant

United States of America

Post by wrenchman » 10 Aug 2016, 2:08 am

my first hand gun was a ruger mk and would have no problim with one again.
brett there are lots of after market parts for the sw victory becouse of the easy take down and its a rather new gun on the market.
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers