Most common CAT H Handguns?

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Re: Most common CAT H Handguns?

Post by Cryptic » 08 Dec 2016, 7:34 am

brett1868 wrote:
Cryptic wrote:
Aussier wrote:Revolvers seem to be making a bit of a come back I'm noticing?

My 1st purchase was revolver a gp100. Still torn on getting a semi auto next or another revolver. Either a s&w classic 44 or the evil 460xvr.

Thought being a Queenslander you'd go a 500S&W Magnum :) I've got the 8 3/8" 460XVR and it's great at pissing off other shooters at the range, even had a couple guys leave complaining about the noise once. Maybe combine both wishes and get a Desert Eagle 50AE :D

The muzzle flash of the 460 is awesome at indoor ranges.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu5kdVsqM5s

QLD are not allowed 500 s&w or the 50AE unless on an armourers lic or gallery. Sort of leaning more to the 460 so can do 45LC on the light end for indoors and the 460 or 454 for outdoor Metallic. Put my 357 next to the Hillcrest ranges 500S&W and it made mine look like a compact :lol:

I have seen your original post and shown that video and the one of the guy firing the 14inch one to a few people over time they just say WTF.
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by EvoXNS » 09 Dec 2016, 9:39 am

brett1868 wrote:
Cryptic wrote:
Aussier wrote:Revolvers seem to be making a bit of a come back I'm noticing?

My 1st purchase was revolver a gp100. Still torn on getting a semi auto next or another revolver. Either a s&w classic 44 or the evil 460xvr.

Thought being a Queenslander you'd go a 500S&W Magnum :) I've got the 8 3/8" 460XVR and it's great at pissing off other shooters at the range, even had a couple guys leave complaining about the noise once. Maybe combine both wishes and get a Desert Eagle 50AE :D

The muzzle flash of the 460 is awesome at indoor ranges.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu5kdVsqM5s

Awesome vid of the 460 muzzle flash, thanks for sharing!

I believe the guy had the Desert Eagle there as well
EvoXNS
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by brett1868 » 09 Dec 2016, 9:55 am

Awesome vid of the 460 muzzle flash, thanks for sharing!

I believe the guy had the Desert Eagle there as well

Correct, I did have a 44 Desert Eagle and the others are a 5" Korth PRS 45ACP and Colt Gold Cup 45ACP :D
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers