Pistol license in SA

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Pistol license in SA

Post by on_one_wheel » 25 Oct 2016, 9:28 am

I'm thinking about having a play with pistols.

Can anyone tell me how I go about having H added to my A,B firearms license.

Also do you have to start out with a. 22 revolver as your first pistol ?

:drinks:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Re: Pistol license in SA

Post by bladeracer » 25 Oct 2016, 9:59 am

Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by colinbentley » 25 Oct 2016, 3:10 pm

I think the word "play" may not be a good choice when talking about firearms. I know what you mean This is the sort of comment the anti gun lobby loves .
colinbentley
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 25 Oct 2016, 4:26 pm

colinbentley wrote:I think the word "play" may not be a good choice when talking about firearms. I know what you mean This is the sort of comment the anti gun lobby loves .

Well hello captain obvious. :violin:

Would you be horrified if I told you that not only do I play with guns, but I also have fun with them quite often.
Last edited by on_one_wheel on 25 Oct 2016, 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 25 Oct 2016, 4:40 pm

bladeracer wrote:Does this help?

http://ssaasa.org.au/licence-information/

Cheers.
There is some useful information there that answers a few questions but I'm still not sure how I have an additional class of license added.

Hopefully adding H to my license doesn't mean starting from scratch with the whole year long process of being deamed fit and propper, waiting to get into a tafe course, being taught the 10 commandments, and passing the same tests that were put to me all those year ago.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by gazza » 25 Oct 2016, 5:15 pm

colinbentley wrote:I think the word "play" may not be a good choice when talking about firearms. I know what you mean This is the sort of comment the anti gun lobby loves .

Says he who asks if making a silencer is legal :shock: Even my kids know that haha.
gazza
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 25 Oct 2016, 6:05 pm

gazza wrote:

Says he who asks if making a silencer is legal :shock: Even my kids know that haha.

:lol:
I missed that one ... that's gold.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by yowie » 02 Dec 2016, 8:30 am

It is a bit of a drawn out process,
First you have to join a club, You can not own a pistol without being a member of a pistol club.
Then you will need to get a permit to train from SAPOL and begin your club training.
You can then apply for your H class licence. Upon receiving your H class licence you then have to wait 6 months before you can purchase a pistol.
At that time you can purchase 1 center fire or 22 but not one of each. you may also purchase an additional air pistol.
Then after 12 months you can purchase whatever you like but you must get the club president/Secretary to sign off on each purchase.
(i had several purchases sitting in the shop ready to go at the end of my 12 months)

It is a bit of a drawn out process but worth it in the end, after all this is over maintaining your licence is fairly easy.
yowie
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers