Pistol Club - Canberra

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Pistol Club - Canberra

Post by sourhaze » 15 Nov 2016, 12:31 pm

Hey,

Can anyone point me in the right direction to a decent pistol club in the Canberra area to squeeze few rounds off my Glock?

Cheers,

Sourhaze
sourhaze
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Pistol Club - Canberra

Post by brett1868 » 15 Nov 2016, 9:58 pm

I think there's one at Majura affiliated with the SSAA but as a heads up the ACT has different storage requirements when traveling with handguns. The police have been known to pull over interstate plates on the way to the range. Check their regulations if not already aware of them.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Gamerancher » 15 Nov 2016, 10:16 pm

There are a number of pistol ranges at the Majura shooting complex, at least 5 I can think of. Whether they are "decent", can't help you. :unknown:
Don't know the pistol requirements but do know that longarms must be secured to the vehicle with a padlocked steel cable or chain, or, in a locked box secured to the vehicle frame. Ammo separate.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by sourhaze » 16 Nov 2016, 8:04 am

Hi Brett/gamer. thanks for the tips and info. I'll make a few calls to check the reg's.

Cheers Bro's

Sourhaze
sourhaze
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by yoshie » 16 Nov 2016, 11:00 am

The SSAA at Majura is pretty good, i was a member there for 5 years, they do just about every dicipline, you do have to join the SSAA though; there is a service club called the majura pistol club, their fees are smaller, they might be a better club to start out at if you just want to fire off a few shots. Glock 17a are fairly popular for service. You will need to complete your minimum shoots. The Canberra national pistol club is pretty much ISSF only, when i moved down and went to see them they turned me away because i had pistols for metallic silhouette and IPSC also.
yoshie
Sergeant
Sergeant

Australian Capital Territory

Post by brett1868 » 16 Nov 2016, 11:51 am

Yoshie, move back across the border to NSW mate and commute if possible. I'm was considering moving to Victoria and reconnecting with my roots, problem is I don't speak Mexican so I'll stay in NSW a bit longer :)
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by yoshie » 16 Nov 2016, 12:13 pm

brett1868 wrote:Yoshie, move back across the border to NSW mate and commute if possible. I'm was considering moving to Victoria and reconnecting with my roots, problem is I don't speak Mexican so I'll stay in NSW a bit longer :)

Did one better and moved back to sunny Brisbane, i do miss hunting on public land tho. I've still got my R license and get out around tenderfield but its not the same as being surrounded by state forests and national parks. My new pistol club has set up a great metallic silhouette range
yoshie
Sergeant
Sergeant

Australian Capital Territory

Post by brett1868 » 16 Nov 2016, 12:27 pm

QLD better then ACT for firearms? Thought Canberra would be better then the Nazi state :)
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Supaduke » 16 Nov 2016, 2:47 pm

We should build a wall to keep you gringos out...... and make you pay for it.
(Pffft, a wall, hasn't Donald heard of a tunnel)
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Gamerancher » 16 Nov 2016, 6:56 pm

There is one of the best pistol silhouette ranges in the country there also.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers